Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 1-bu 「Hon ga Nai nara Tsukureba Ii!」 - Vol. 6 Ch. 27 - Family Meeting

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan:
>if the human generate the mana itself there is no reason it can't use magic

Human generate carbon dioxide, it doesn't mean they can use it. See how your logic is flawed here?

>But here it is one entity, God, managing all types of mana

7 major Gods and their kins (12 for each major God iirc), split into generally 7 'colors' and each God also have certain things they govern. i.e. you don't ask the God governing 'speed' to 'healing'.
They don't manage mana, they just reply to prayers.

> using accidental magic when it happens

except in-universe it was said that didn't even count as magic, and also harmful to others (assuming you mean the pressure wave)

heck, if anything your idea of 'only' elements count for magic is already flawed given how many series have handled magic that isn't element based (Mahouka even have element-based magic be a relic of the past)

you seem to think all magic have to follow the same logic/law you believe exist, but the thing is, it's MAGIC, it doesn't have to follow shit.
there's worlds where you think and magic happen
there's worlds where you speak keywords and magic happen
there's worlds where there's no 'magic', just some other supernatural power (alchemy from FMA, etc)

none of them have to follow some universal law of magic, ever

so tl;dr is my issue with you is that you seem to be having issue against a FANTASY setting by your own arbitrary rule and not something in-universe

Dex-chan lover
@WhimsiCat
You clearly didn't read my reply and only cherry picked parts to complain.
if the human generate the mana itself there is no reason it can't use magic
I clearly said later that being able to feel and harness the mana are necessary to use mana by the human alone. The CO2 thing doesn't make sense because we don't feel nor is able to control it in the body. If anything CO2 is a "catalyst" type of magic system since we can use the CO2 for things with the correct machine(catalyst).

But here it is one entity, God, managing all types of mana
Didn't knew about the pantheon as I can't remember it being explained so far and didn't saw it in the comments but if they don'y use the mana why does it matter if the human has mana or not to use magic? Just ask the Gods.

using accidental magic when it happens, except in-universe it was said that didn't even count as magic
Doesn't matter what they call it since expelling mana to cause a effect, which it has the effect harms others, is magic even if so weak it is not given attention. Desn't matter also because what matters for Myne is being able to release the mana in her body and just that would already be enough even if there are no secondary effects. That it harms others is just a limitations not a full stop.

heck, if anything your idea of 'only' elements count for magic
When I clearly said [raises the questions of "why is it like that?" and "so humans can use non-elemental magic by themselves?"]. Clearly I'm aware of non elemental.

you seem to think all magic have to follow the same logic/law you believe exist
Also wrong as I have demonstrate that I recognize different magic systems, what I'm doing is using what the story gives me to understand how magic works in universe for the story. So far this one has give me everything to be able to just use magic and hints to it being possible in the past while not saying anything about not being possible anymore. (magic without the God/s or catalyst being very weak just shows it is possible even if basically useless)

none of them have to follow some universal law of magic, ever
Wrong, all of them always follow some internal logic of how magic works. If we have two characters that use magic it is possible to find some logic on how they use it and what rules they have to abide to. Even the ones where "magic does whatever the plot needs" follow an internal logic. I explained how the different magic systems work and why they are like that BUT YOU DIDN'T READ THE REPLY and then talks about the different system like it proves your argument somehow when they just show how wrong you are.

my issue with you is that you seem to be having issue against a FANTASY setting by your own arbitrary rule and not something in-universe
This just shows you have not understood nothing I wrote in this conversation so far and you conclusion comes from the laziness of not wanting to think about how it works and why it is happening the way it is because it is just a story and you assume it has nothing to understand other than following the main story.

Not replying anymore for reasons.

Dex-chan lover
I was sad but not crying then we see the dad alone crying and I'm bawling

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan:
>You clearly didn't read my reply and only cherry picked parts to complain.

Because your English is hard to read that I can't be bothered to put in efforts.

>what I'm doing is using what the story gives me to understand how magic works in universe for the story.

The story say Gods did it, and you called BS, so clearly you didn't want to understand that much.

>it is just a story and you assume it has nothing to understand other than following the main story.

Well, do forgive me for having this thing called suspension of disbelief that allow me to enjoy reading FICTIONAL stories without getting all pissy about how things isn't working the way I think it should work.

If you want to get into theories on why humans need to rely on Gods
Then my theory is that the 'humans' in this country aren't actually 'human' but rather mutilated children of the Gods.

Specifically in the creation myth every Winter the Life God will take Earth Goddess and impregnate her
But since he's a jealous yandere, he'd get jealous of the unborn children and steal their power
And then the other Gods show up to free these children, but some are already crippled and unable to utilize or gain any godly powers

Then this one God, in pity for these children (or rather, to protect a certain young Goddess), planted himself onto the land, and using himself as catalyst form the country for these children to be able to live in peace.
The other Gods help support the country through giving blessings.

So using magic in this country is essentially the 'humans' asking the older Gods to take their tiny fragment of god-power and do some miracles with it, because the best they can do alone is fart it out.

Dex-chan lover
feels bad man.. i was already crying but then the last page made me cry again.. dammit..

Double-page supporter
I hate it when onion hidden village ninja come and attack us with their onion jutsu

@mahtan Ummm, but many people in real life believe magic is real but they ain't trying to learn it neither cause it seems like something exclusive for exclusive people ... isn't that can also apply in this story? Like yeah, there're Magic contract but.. you didn't hear or see anyone around you or even status above/smarter/richer than you doing something 'magicaly' as well so for me it's believeable that I wouldn't consider I can doing magic, cast some spells.

To this point, I just think we just have different common sense. I didn't dislike thinking too deep in fictional world building or think it's no fun, I just think it's over and over and didn't seem bother with her not thinking about 'just learn magic and cast some spell to magically cure my illness' like you do. When i said I didn't care to argue cause I believe no matter who and what said to you, you wouldn't change your mind about this and I understand that. Sometimes something bugged my mind when nobody seems to think so too.

Contributor
The end of this chapter was hard to read.

The father crying alone is way too relatable.

The only reason I didn't cry the first time I read it is well my eyes are tired as **** when I read it. Then being distracted as I was thinking it through wasn't happening at the moment, till I reread it later the tears made it hard to read quickly.

Aggregator gang
....so is she finally gonna TRY to use magic now? You know, like every fantasy isekai with magic which she should know if she's an actual bookworm who loves to read.....
Absolutely zero reason not to try even once, especially when she can already manipulate the magic in her own body.

Users who are viewing this thread