Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 1-bu 「Hon ga Nai nara Tsukureba Ii!」

Her obsession turns into pure stupidity. She sees the poor environment but believes there will be books... She realises that books had been expensive in the past and looks for a newspaper. Man what an idiot. She lives in poverty, in an undeveloped world, most likely common people are uneducated and her greateast concern are books. She should have realised at the first glance at her room that something is wrong. At least in the kitchen with all the old stuff modern people doesnt even know... For someone who has red so many books, she is just unbearable, plainly spoken a retard.
Totally overrated and dropped.

Just caught up to the lastest chapters.. I think I agree with @Ziying that I think Myne's decision was definitely an obsession that made me go "Oh nooooooo". Her entire reason for living at first was to read books so these turn of events aren't surprising at all, but still gotta feel sorry for Lutz. Loving the story so far.

Pure SoL without much of an action.
1. I know that she's obsessed with books and all that, but dude, you literally just woke up in the different dimension and first thing you want to do, it's to read a book? I think author kinda overdo it here, hence it looks silly
The moment when she was "exposed" by her friend looks super forced too, like, no one, literally NO ONE in the age of 5 can think that his friend "isn't himself" just because she knows something extraordinary, small child like that could think about ANYTHING else like, i dunno, that she learned it from secret teacher or that she's just genius or that she had some fucking enlightenment
or smth... ANYTHING but her replacement with someone else, it's literally came from nowhere just for the sake of a plot and "dramatic moment"
I don't understand why author made them small kids when they don't act like kids AT ALL, it's just looks stupid, just make them adults and a lot of stupid moments and plotholes will be fixed.

I really wonder why so many of you like the story. IMO this whole story is flawed and has a very weird pace about it. There is this weird combination with the character being in and out of her personality.

Also, the premise of the whole story. The only thing I catch up to the recent episode is that she wants to be around books. Not, a journey to create or proliferate books but JUST to be around books.

For me, these to factors is already infuriating enough to make me want to rip off my own hair...

Power Uploader
@Tian26 This all comes down to personal preference; some readers find it enjoyable and logical on THEIR standard, others do not. It's like trying to persuade people that Manhua can be good, 9 out of 10 people you ask will straight up say Manhua are trash and refuse to accept any kind of exception.

the MC is kinda weird with her priorities but I guess I can accept that eccentricity. I like the characters but I wish there was a bit more magic involved. The world building is kinda on the slow side but I guess that makes it more realistic as well.

Dex-chan lover
Is this really going to end @33. I see no way a conclusion could happen. Must be another continuation series or 33 is not the ending.

Contributor
@doppler
PH3xJrr.png

Dex-chan lover
@Nighthawlc
And pull back of a post is not possible. I was late to notice the sequel link.

Actually I was able to catch-up with the anime now showing. It's skips over developments, but only if you read the manga you would notice. I wish the translation to English (horrible's) would have stuck with Myne's original name. EP #1 was Myne after that it became Main.

Contributor
@doppler
Likewise if you were to read the light novel you’d notice the all the material the manga cuts out or glosses over.
If you're already okay with watching the anime via pirated subs from Crunchyroll (HS is just stolen official subs) then you might as well wait a few days for GJM to release their subs as they use all the correct names.
It’s funny how Crunchyroll isn’t even consistent among what they call MC across their different languages (Arabic and Russian were obviously going to be different).
Ok8u01J.jpg

Power Uploader
@doppler This has been quite a big issue when we picked up the manga, people keep complaining about wrong name spelling and insist Main/Maine as an option :v But honestly speaking aside from Myne being the author's official choice, it'll also affect how she's called in Part 3 where the 2 earlier options doesn't fit really well, so even if people hate "Myne", it'll be kinda forced one when we get to Part 3 :v

lol she’s really obsessed about books XD but it doesnt mean it’s a bad thing. It’s what drives her to continue living. a bit of a weird plot but i think it’s also really interesting. I like how she affects others. Inspire others to do more and think outside the box!

i’m kinda rooting for her to change peoples thinking that being a priest/priestess is what orphans ought to be. No. its a choice. i wish other orphans also would be given other jobs and i was thinking she could take them in and help her and Lutz make their products.

Dex-chan lover
@RonBWL
Well I preferred "Myne". Main is just a lazy way to say "Main character". The other way "Maine" is not a name for a person but a STATE.

It's not like the ridiculous names given in "Maou Sama re-try". Come on now "Yahoo" is a town name, really ?

Power Uploader
@doppler To be fair the supposed spelling is Maïn/Maïne, which is Germany (although it's pronounced ma-in anyway). While it doesn't change much in term of how people call Myne, it'll affect how her name will be spelled on Part 3 so that's why we go with author's choice rather than following previous TL :v

In the beginning the name wasn't translated as Maïn? Why change to Main that is a english word?

Contributor
@burmn123
No group used "Maine", Easy Going Scans used "Maïn", the official English manga releases use "Myne", and TOOR Scans use "Myne". Out of these "Maine" would be the first one to be used.
However, Crunchyroll does use "Main" for their Engish anime translations because they thought that "Main" made more sense bECaUsE oF ThE SlaTE and that the author chosen "Myne" wasn't good enough for them.

Users who are viewing this thread