Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 1-bu 「Hon ga Nai nara Tsukureba Ii!」

Aggregator gang
The blue haired guy in the cover is the male lead

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Contributor
@neorasp
Given that the novel is licensed and getting releases at a good pace (one volume every other month) and that the current (readable) fan-translations won’t even be ahead anymore as of next month I don’t really think anybody is going to pick up the novel.

This story is going places! and I don't know how to feel about it...
On one side, the premise and the world building is interesting, on the other, the first part (~1st manga adaptation) is dragged out quite a bit and I feel the time spent making the paper for almost 15 chapters could of been used for more things than just that. Also, the MC acts incongruently with the initial setting of her being 22 years. She rather feels like a spoiled 3 year old most of the time... You could probably explain it by saying it was due to her being in a child's body, but than her behavior would be even more inconsistent. Also, as someone mentioned, she seems more of a book fetishist than a bookworm in many aspects. It gets better as the story progresses, especially in the second manga adaptation, but than we have the author who seems to really enjoy to write sad stories and see the characters, and probably us too, suffer. Every so often we would see a very sudden and big change in the story as if the author got bored or was afraid that the readers would get sick of reading his/her story.
Overall, I really don't know how to feel about it? It's not bad, I like it and I don't, it's interesting, but bogged down by the authors inexperience (I guess?). Really mixed feelings. Would still recommend people to at least check it out, though.

If Myne starts crushing on Lutz then it’ll be pretty weird cuz they’re so young and she has an adult mind.... -_-;
@raben yeah, let me hear that again when her 7 yo body got paired with 20 years old man

Dex-chan lover
theres already a sequel linked ? and a sequel for the sequel ? am i missing something ? wouldnt they just make more chapters for this manga instead of entirely new ones?

Contributor
@Kampfarsch
The web-novel is split into five "Parts" which are basically just arcs.
The LN resets its numbering at the end of each Part, so for example they don't call the seventeenth volume "Volume 17" they call it "Part 4 Volume 5". This convention is carried over to the manga. Look at the covers of the final volume of this manga and then the first covers of the sequel and the sequel's sequel
9HuNlbx.jpg
, in particular look at the numbering. So it makes sense to have separate entries for each Part. Then to add to this they all have separate Amazon listing groupings (although Bookwalker is just one) and separate raws links, which makes separating them sensible as it shows it's Japanese distinction.
But also there is an issue if they were just one entry and that is how do we order the volumes and chapters? What is "chapter 34" and what is "volume 8"? The immediate answer would be that chapter 34 is the first chapter of Part 2 (in spite of it being labelled chapter 1) and that volume 8 is the first volume of Part 2, but this isn't so clear cut because chronologically chapter 1 of Part 3 came out first (before Part 1 even finished!) and volume 1 of Part 3 came out before volume 1 of Part 2. Then to make matters even worse Part 1/2 and Part 3 are drawn by different people and both Part 2 and 3 are still being published. So grouping them all as one makes no sense.
It's feasible to group Part 1 and 2 together and have Part 3 separate but then that looks weird, ignores different Amazon groups, ignores different raw links, ignores different AniList links, etc. So I'm wholeheartedly against merging Part 1 and 2, and think that the way MangaDex is doing things is the only sensible way of doing it.

Now you may be asking "Wait... Why is Part 3 being published at the same time as Part 2? Don't you need to read Part 2 before Part 3?" There are two reasons firstly the LNs have long since completed Part 2 so LN readers can freely read Part 3, and the second is that this series is very long, this manga page we're on only adapts Part 1 which is just
% of the whole story but it took Japan 3 years to finish it! Two other manga that have done this are Re:Zero and Mahouka.

I can't thank you enough for getting this project! Since I'm a passionate Librarian and my focus of researches uses a lot of manga, you can guess this is my #1 fave manga :v and i love the novel too!

I can see Myne adventures are about to get very intersting so i wish you can work hard and diligently in this long chapters u_u

Thank be the team that provides the sacred scriptures <3

One of the best things I'm readin nowadays, I'm just can't wait for the next chapters.
Also, I know it's soon, and we have the mental age gap, but I SHIP IT!

never thought I would look forward to an update of an isekai manga that is not mushoku tensei
Every new chapter is so much fun to read😃

never thought I would look forward to an update of an isekai manga about a girl who likes to read books.
Every new chapter is so much fun to read😃

@Al333 FTFY

Slowly starting to hate the main character more and more...I appreciate her hustle but man she’s slowly pushing everyone away with her obsession and it’s aggravating to want to try and support her as a character

Users who are viewing this thread