Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 1-bu 「Hon ga Nai nara Tsukureba Ii!」

@Teney
Just throw all of the definitions out of the window and create your own language!

Well, that's EXACTLY what we've been doing to languages all across the world, spanning the millenias of human existence. There are a LOT of people who would be speaking the same languages today, if people didn't create new languages. Case in point, the Brits, and the Germans, and the Dutch. It just doesn't happen as suddenly as you describe. And neither did the shift from "sexually precocious little girls" to "just little girls" for loli.

Every site, that I have been on, that deals with the definition of the word "loli", has an implication that it is sexualized. Even the etymology shows that it is sexual.

Yeah, you haven't been on enough sites, it seems. Also, etymology is only useful for showing the origin of a word. Not its current meaning as people define it.

Also, @beeqwop
Loli and shota are about sexualized kids. Stop putting it on manga that aren’t about that. It’s easy. The term loli literally comes from a novel about this. It’s not a generic “little girl” term.

They were. Not anymore. At least not to some people. It's a bit like the word "gay". It was never about homosexuals. It's about being joyful and carefree. Some homosexuals decided to use it to refer to themselves, and now the meaning has shifted.

Power Uploader
@Truerror I don't know about the source of those definition but loli/shota has always been associated only to series with said little girls/boys alongside adults of opposite sex that are inevitably attracted to them in an implied caring/romantic relationship. Series with pure little girls/boys are not tagged as such for a reason

Don’t compare pedophilic genres to lgbt. The meaning hasn’t shifted; you’re part of an effort to normalize something that shouldn’t be normalized.

Dex-chan lover
I came to ask how many chapters until next arc

I saw the comments about definitions.

I conquered my tongue by not asking others what their purpose in life is.

Some chapters are gone because the group that was translating the manga did not want it hosted on other sites.

Why are so many people arguing over the words loli/lolita? it's completely pointless to debate something so insignificant. It's like arguing over what brand of ketchup to buy. It doesn't matter in the slightest.

Contributor
@neorasp
The chance of anybody doing that is small because it's licensed by JNC and they're going at a decent pace (compared to the two previous translators they're sprinting), plus it's a long series so requires a big commitment which may put people off.
JNC intend to publish a new volume every two months(ish) and are 2/7 of the way through volume two at the moment. For reference, the place the last WN translator finished corresponds to the end of volume four (Part.2 Volume.1) of the LN.

Dex-chan lover
If the wait for manga chapters is too much, I can recommend the novel. Well, the chapters that were translated by Blastron, anyway. So the first 100 or so chapters, if memory serves?

Fed-Kun's army
@goodie-bag
people want accurate tags so when they are searching for something the will get the relevant results. i wouldn't want to look for a manga while specificly marking 'no cooking' only to get crafting manga filtered out because of some minor similiriaties. search accuracy is important.

Dex-chan lover
Is the JNC translation at least on par with Blastron's translations? @Nighthawlc I liked this story so much, I'm not against paying for it--once it reaches the point in the story we left off anyway.

Contributor
@Jeikob
I can't really say myself, as I'm not planning to subscribe to them for pre-pubs until they start volume five or start buying the books until they release the paperbacks, but you can read the prologues for free if you want to see their quality volume one, volume two (remember it's LN they're doing not the WN so there will be differences).

@neorasp

people want accurate tags so when they are searching for something the will get the relevant results. i wouldn't want to look for a manga while specificly marking 'no cooking' only to get crafting manga filtered out because of some minor similiriaties. search accuracy is important.

I understand the thing about the tags, but they somehow lurked to pointlessly the arguing the definition. I didn't really explain what my comment was pointing to very well.

Power Uploader
@crunch You can donate or become our Patron with that reason in mind, and we'll give that money to Fulldiver. It's hard to TL faster though, he can only do 2 chapters/month I think, and I have yet to find a paid TL that has time to push TL out fast (Shin is only doing one series and he's already overwhelmed with it)

Dex-chan lover
@RonBWL while im not trying to be ungrateful i gotta call BS on the 2 ch per month TL (im not ungrateful just cant let that slide lol). I'm also a TL and can tell you that translating longer and more difficult chapters does NOT take more than 1-2 days even if you have to use the dictionary a lot xD and thats assuming you are only working after a 9-5 job lol even with high quality translation

Users who are viewing this thread