Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 2-bu 「Hon no Tamenara Miko ni Naru!」 - Vol. 10 Ch. 46 - The Prayer Ce…

puhi.png

Yea I'm just here to complain about pooey/squeak. Someone clearly doesn't know the LN translator actually gets to communicate with Kazuki on translation choices, and pooey was one of them. Not to mention the justification is stupid - don't change an intentionally unique/odd sound to a generic one. The author intentionally made it a non-generic sound, so the justification here is backwards.
actually i listened to rabbit sounds and it sounds like some of the ones they make. tho i Believe where i watched it said it was a chirp. the ln said chirp pooey tho the anime did say squeak but it said squeak pwee in the subs and he went on poking her and it for abit. so the sound is accurate that kazuki used tho she used the characters for puhi not buhi

the idea that this is something to get up in arms about either way is deranged

thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
The whole thing about not being able to refuse a higher-ranked noble is something that will continue to crop up.

Noble society is stratified to near-ruinous levels, and it's almost all down to how much mana you have and whether you were born a lay-, med- or archnoble. Tea parties are a big fucking deal: you don't want to be summoned by a noble higher than you, because you cannot refuse, you have to do what they say and the higher-ranking one should recognise the imposition, but often doesn't. For instance, Rosemyne nearly causes a national incident when an ignorant prince demands she tell him how to talk to a girl.

Even someone like me, whos english isn't perfect can say squeak is a bad translation of this sound effect.

Shumils don't sound like mice...

#notmypooey

Dex-chan lover
If it's not painfully obvious, this is a joke and I'm trying to point out that THINGS THAT MAKE NOISES DON'T ACTUALLY READ OUT ONOMATOPOEIA, MY DUDE. GUNS DON'T "SAY BANG." MICE DON'T "SAY SQUEAK."
Did you not read the chapter? She literaly say squeak... That's the entire reason people are pissed. In manga and LN onomatopeia are often said out loud.
Or you're going to tell us that no one ever say "fuwa fuwa" "waku waku" kyun", or any of the dozen of other extremely often used onomatopeia, in any manga, LN and anime?

So, is your point that you dont understand what you're talking about?

Dex-chan lover
I bet those two guys reacted and bonked the guy so suddenly was because Myne was about to blast him off to space.
well yes but actually no her eyes started changing colors... just like they did when she first met the high bishop

Users who are viewing this thread