Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 2-bu 「Hon no Tamenara Miko ni Naru!」 - Vol. 10 Ch. 48 - After the Raid

Dex-chan lover
That color splash page is badass :win:

So are the rest of book-gremlin's reactions across the entire chapter. Had a good laugh all throughout

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter! Bro, what if the chief priest didn't catch her or the throw missed? That's dangerous! Do you know how high that throw must have been!?

Dex-chan lover
Ah the heck with it. Somebody please spoil me on whether Sylvestre stops being an douchebag or not.

He's a jokester when things aren't serious, but also know when the get serious as needed.
In fact this little 'incognito' trip also count as:
family visit to check on his half-brother, Ferdinand

Later on it actually goes the other way around. Myne starts causing Sylvester annual headaches which become a highlight of the Light Novels

The series JP name has 'nariagari' (someone from lower position overtaking those in higher position) for a reason.
And it's always hilarious when she goes into that 'mode' because you can tell it slowly upgrade with her life experience so it get more and more (mentally) brutal over time.
Culminating in
Her being essentially the gods-favored saintess making 'trade offer' to the royal family.
Some accidental crushing/pressure may be involved.

Dex-chan lover
Sylvester throwing Myne remains the funniest thing in this entire series and the pages for it were drawn exceptionally well. I might end up using one of them as my phones background.

also, for LN readers, what was the potion she just took. I’m a bit confused why it was similar to the mind reading one, given the actual nature of the mind-reading one

hes always a bit of an ass but the series definitely forces him to grow up and puts him through a lot, mostly because of Myne

those are my actual favorite chapters. I just got p5v2 and I was so excited when I saw one listed in the table of contents
Well if it is the same one as for reading minds then...

It is potions you give your spouse to have kids. Because of mana incompatibility, you dye the other with your mana. This prevents the mana from killing the unborn child

Since Mine is someone with devouring and Omni elemental, she is like a blank sheet. Thus, it can act as a makeshift mana pot. So Fernando pretty much kind of permanently dyed her with his mana so in the future
A god will mistake her for Fernando, because they see people as mana, not visually

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's Ferdinand's Jureve. As for why it works on Myne here, that's a side effect of the mind-reading potion. They both taste like Ferdinand's mana.
It is just liquified mana, not Jureve. As for why he gave her that instead of one of his potions is unknown. She isn't dying so no point in using Jureve

Dex-chan lover
It is just liquified mana, not Jureve. As for why he gave her that instead of one of his potions is unknown. She isn't dying so no point in using Jureve
Probably because
Overdosing on potions is bad. So he just put in enough that she had mana to sustain going around the clump. Then gave her a potion when she woke up

Contributor
That bastard and his idiotic lectures if he really was concerned he should have long since given her books about magic and time and tools to practice...

Double-page supporter
That bastard and his idiotic lectures if he really was concerned he should have long since given her books about magic and time and tools to practice...

Well, to be fair, Myne is a being from a different world which is way more advanced than theirs.

Imagine giving her Magic knowledge of offensive spells and how they work ? She would make a magic nuke or laser beam to shoot it at whoever who tries to harm her family or mess with her books.

As stated earlier, Myne is quite smart and has read many types of books, using knowledge of how a microwave works for example, using using magic go create eletromagnetic waves to vibrate the particles of water in a person body to boil them alive from inside out.

Even for "possibly harmless" spells, like a smoke spell, Myne could turn it into a chemical weapon if she were to use it with the right chemicals. Ferdinand is aware about how far Myne is willing to go to protect her loved ones, not giving her magical books is safer for everyone, and there is also the part of the manga which states that only nobles are allowed to officially learn magic(it was said when she organized the library, and read the logs of magical books in there), so she would have to go to the noble school to be acknowledged as one to do it.

I don't remember about this world setting.
What will happen if someone run out of magic power? Will they die?

Dex-chan lover
Since Mine is someone with devouring and Omni elemental, she is like a blank sheet. Thus, it can act as a makeshift mana pot. So Fernando pretty much kind of permanently dyed her with his mana so in the future

To clarify
The effect of dyeing someone with Devouring is normally temporary, they will get the mana print copy but will slowly revert to normal.

You'd need to have Myne's extra constitution to make it permanent, which caused by them basically reach the point of dying (body starting to become magic stone) but survive
(yes, all those collapses she had in arc 1 was a chekov's gun)
In which case the mana will dye their magic stone fragments and cause the effect to be permanent even after they're cured of the fragments via jureve.

I don't remember about this world setting.
What will happen if someone run out of magic power? Will they die?

In the immediate you'd collapse, but if you stay oom for a long time you'd die.

Dex-chan lover
Later on it actually goes the other way around. Myne starts causing Sylvester annual headaches which become a highlight of the Light Novels
He prayed to Glucklitat, and his blessings he shall receive.

Dex-chan lover
the problem is she is not yet a noble as he said during the book incident magic is the sole domain of the nobility (and why not even most blue priests have acess to the knowledge to use it). he is still woried but this world just like our own for that time period is far more traditionalist then our own. there's also many more reasons but those go into very heavy spoiler teritory.

Dex-chan lover
Oh! That crater looked like the result of a buff on top of a buff on top of a powerful strike. Awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread