Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 2-bu 「Hon no Tamenara Miko ni Naru!」 - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - A Source of An…

Lutz has grown so much, I'm so proud. I had hoped they'd end up together, but that's ship's not sailing.

Dex-chan lover
@Nunally : Well, if you want spoiler
His mom eventually see his side of thing and is supportive, but Dad never seem so.
One day they get into an argument and Lutz ran to the temple, even considering becoming an orphan so he's no longer 'controlled' by his family.
Benno even considered adopting Lutz to inherit Gilberta company.

Myne had the temple intervene to call them for a family discussion, where both side get to say their pieces with Ferdinand and Myne being there to help mediate things.

tl;dr? It's...a misunderstanding.
Lutz thought his dad was being dismissive of his choice of career.
But it's just his dad being bad at speaking, so when the dad said "do whatever you want", it wasn't 'whatever' dismissing of Lutz decision, it's literally giving permission for Lutz to follow his dream.

After that the family reconcile and there's no more problem.

@Duainfey : to be fair
The real meat of the overall plot are in arc 4-5 anyway. Arc 1-3 build the groundwork for the world, the characters, etc we're meant to follow along, and arc 4 onward is when the 'real plot' happens since commoners won't have to deal with "Save The World" level threats like those and arc 3 is more of Myne's transition to 'proper' noble.

Not to mention the manga is definitely aiming for the WN/LN reader crowd, seeing things like giving that double page spread for Ferdinand and Myne during the baptism and all that...

Aggregator gang
@HDMI1 As @AlmondMagnum said, Deid is in construction, not carpentry. They're from two different guilds (let alone workshops).
The owner of that carpentry shop is called Dostal, it is not Deid (info from the LN).

Fran is literally so sweet and kind, I love him so much. And it’s nice to see Lutz working his hardest.

Yay, more pictures of Benno to add to my collection! <3

Dex-chan lover
What's the brother's beef? Being worse at something?

Group Leader
Ooooh, there was a proper set up for the conflict between Lutz and his family!
The anime really didn't do a good job at adapting that mini-arc.

@Fari Lutz's family is poor and see merchants as greedy money-grabbers who care for nothing but enriching themselves. Now they're seeing Lutz dressed up as and working as a proper merchant. Given they don't realize merchants need to give something in exchange for their work (goods that the population actually needs), they believe merchants are evil.
Ironically, though, seeing how the assistant at the shop the brother works at was the one trying to rip-off the little girl.
Goes to show how ignorance is not a bliss at all.

I don’t think we got to see this in the anime so I’m glad to see it illustrated here. I had a hard time picturing the diptych from the light novel and even though I kinda got it, I also was unsure if I had gotten it right.

Aggregator gang
@YamiryuuZero "Ironically, though, seeing how the assistant at the shop the brother works at was the one trying to rip-off the little girl."
Yeah, but that's only for someone who has a basic idea of pricing. If you're already biased against merchants, and you know nothing about pricing, all you would see is the merchants trying to rip-off your colleague by haggling the price down. And that's likely how Sieg saw that scene.

"I'm telling dad"
"Good, tell him that i'm going to earn more money in a week, than he is in half a year"

Dex-chan lover
@daedalron
I'm not sure he even thought that far. His take may have been "Lutz came to my workplace in a costume and started arguing with my boss, making me look bad by association". It hasn't really sunk in that Lutz is, in fact, a real apprentice merchant.

“I’M TELLING!”

Go ahead you little tattletail, that’s probably all you’re good for anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread