Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 2-bu 「Hon no Tamenara Miko ni Naru!」 - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - Writing Boards…

Fed-Kun's army
This turned to be my first manga read this year, many thanks for the release.

Also yay Turi gets an appearance!

Also oh my, another new cutie!

Dex-chan lover
page 20 and 21 is gold
A new character! Hmm.
Myne's drawing is simplistic, but Wilma is definitely a much better artist, and prob what people of the time are used to.

Double-page supporter
@CouslandU That was a conscious decision on our part. In order to get both the higher quality scans and the bonus chapters from the volume releases, we're pacing the translation process so that there is always around 2 raw volumes available. I could maybe speed up my TL so that we're only around 4-6 chapters behind instead of the current 12, but I don't for 3 reasons:

1. The number of chapters per volume isn't consistent, so if we're only 4-6 chapters behind, we might not get the HQ scans or the bonus chapters in time.
2. My Japanese isn't all that great (as I'm sure some of the readers have noticed, sorry about that), which limits my pace a little.
3. I'm only a part-time, volunteer translator. I have my IRL job to deal with, so I don't usually have have the time/energy to try to catch up on top of translating the current chapter.

I hope you understand. At the very least, you can always expect a chapter on the first of every month, plus the bonuses on the 15th every 4-6 months, barring any IRL emergencies on the team members' parts.

Thanks guys!

That flinch though. Can't those high and mighty gods come down and punish their priests or something.

Aggregator gang
@Karendesuu "anyone can explain why wilma recoiled hard when the box was shown to her?"
This is a spoiler on Wilma's backstory, which should be explained in a few chapters.
When she was younger (at least 2-3 years ago, she was not an adult yet), a blue priest tried to force her to do a "flower offering" with him, by tricking her into going to his room. At the time, Wilma was an attendant for a blue shrine maiden, who luckily found out about the situation in time and rescued Wilma before she got raped. But being on the verge of being raped still traumatized the poor girl. She has an extreme fear of all adult men, and seeing Fran get close to her scared her. In the novel, even going to the grey priest side of the orphanage is too much for her.

Dex-chan lover
So where did the kids learn to do a dogeza? This world isn’t supposed to know about it, as shown when Myne tried to apologize to Benno in Part 1, and I don’t think the orphans saw her do one. Did they skip something, or was it just a slip-up?

Aggregator gang
@Doodads Check the chapter 31 for the First part of this story. The dogeza is part of the religious thanks you give to the gods. Normal people in the city only do it twice in their lives, during their baptism and their coming of age. But the orphans have been raised in the temple, to later become priests. So it isn't that strange that they would thank their teachers the same way they usually thank the gods (especially considering that those teachings are litteraly saving their lives).

Dex-chan lover
@daedalron I did think of that as well, but it seems odd to me that they’d use it to thank someone and not a god, especially since they skipped the Glico pose that is supposed to go before the dogeza. Both times they did it in this chapter we didn’t see them do it. I guess it really is the prayer, but it was weirdly portrayed imo.

Aggregator gang
@Doodads My understanding is that the glico pose is kind of trying to get closer to the gods, as you lift yourself on one leg and your arms to get as close as possible to the sky, and then the dogeza part is expressing your thanks to them (that's what I kinda remember from what Myne is taught later on in the novel, IIRC). So in this part, it seems the kids only did the dogeza part, which is the thanking part.

Myne's comment in the novel, when the kids did that, was to tell her father: "This is how people in the temple express their thanks, so... I-It's kind of like saying theyre as grateful to you as they are to the gods"

Users who are viewing this thread