Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 2-bu 「Hon no Tamenara Miko ni Naru!」 - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - Writing Boards…

Dex-chan lover
smh my head, these people don't understand the value of minimalism and flat design

Took me some seconds to realize how kinda Fran was just by putting the box on the table instead of giving it directly to Wilma... Life's rough anywhere right?...

Dex-chan lover
@ayosuaa Yeah, these backstories and other events remind my that under the fluffy slice of life story surrounding Myne pushing forward bookmaking is this dark undertone of a well fleshed out world. I'm one who is keeping up to date on the official LN translation. I will say there are other times where when you find out about spoilery things and go back and look at that character's actions in that light. Knowing Fran's past, go back and look at some of his expressions and thoughts about getting assigned to Myne.

Dex-chan lover
@Falconx8

It's not laughter. Fran would not laugh at Myne, he's too serious for that. He does however have his own issues.

He's genuinely afraid that he'll have to interact directly with a woman. So he's shaking with fear, but doing so while not seen by others. Hence why he is better at hiding it. His expression is directly tied to him saying he'll have to ask Wilma. He's fine with Delia and Myne because they are still children. Even still, being assigned to be an attendant of a shrine maiden... Having his new shrine maiden given the same quarters as his prior shrine maiden. Arno is just so helpful in pointing out that space. Viewing the manga with a lot of hindsight puts things into a different perspective.

Arno Spoiler:
Everything Arno has done is to make Fran's life harder: suggesting the trouble-maker Gil, mentioning the orphan director's rooms, and other things in the future. He does this to get back at him for not being sad their last master committed suicide. He even blames Fran for her death. I'm not sad to see Arno get killed offscreen and barely mentioned after that.

Double-page supporter
@Isshou

>Fran would not laugh at Myne

Quote from the LN:

“I think that Gil is not used to giving praise, and him fighting against his embarrassment to praise me was very cute. I would thus like to dedicate my all to making this karuta set.”

“In that case, I advise asking Wilma to draw the art,” said Fran while blatantly holding back a laugh

>He's genuinely afraid that he'll have to interact directly with a woman.

You're severely exaggerating how afraid he is of women in general. He has absolutely no problems talking to Wilma on page 27. He also has no issues
training Monika and Nicola. He's happy to receive more male coworkers eventually, but nothing that indicates outright fear of women. Yes, he's afraid of the private chambers, and initially didn't like being in the director's chambers, but he got past that really quickly after seeing that Myne was nothing like Margaret.

Users who are viewing this thread