Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 2-bu 「Hon no Tamenara Miko ni Naru!」 - Vol. 8 Ch. 38 - The World of a…

I loved reading this part of the LN. I was wondering when this would come up in the manga.

Dex-chan lover
Of course it's possible it continues exactly a certain, predetermined time, in which case I'd have been blabbering here uselessly. However, if I had designed such a tool, the one visiting another person's consciousness would be the one who controls how long it lasts. It only makes sense.

I don't think he will genuinely be able to treat her as an adult any time soon. Just think about how difficult it would be when she looks like a little girl and half the time behaves like one as well. Although I guess she has been getting better in that respect (behavior).

If you haven't noticed, the magic is this world isn't precise like math formula.
This isn't the first time he 'gauge' her magic power, they did it once before when they had her charge the magic tool initially.
He only knew 'she has more than roughly this much' mana then, and the same thing with using the staff. He only know 'she has more than that much' but not exactly how much she really have since he stopped her once enough was done.

So how long you can do the mind dive is probably affected by several factors and isn't something you can just pin down (people with less mana would probably not be able to channel the tool for as long as someone with more, for example)

Between the nature of that medicine, the tool and mana, there's a good chance that what's happening is a special case.
since the tool is meant to be used for looking into a criminal's memories and find out what they're trying to hide

a person normally reject 'unfamiliar' mana, the medicine is supposed to reduce the resistance

so the conjecture then is that normally the diver would get reject without the medicine due to said resistance, thus how long you can remain is basically how long you can resist the rejection force (and how long the medicine effect last since that's what keeping the force low)

except in this case there's no resistance from Myne so he's probably stuck there. My guess is atm he's waiting for the medicine effect to run out and see if he can leave at that point, if not then he'll try something else...ofc then next chap happens

Dex-chan lover
Even if it was the Catholic Church she would be fine since she's female.

Also didn't the anime already cover this section? If you've seen it you all already know what's going to happen in this arc.
I haven't watched the anime, so this is all new to me. And safe if she is female? Well, even back in medieval times (in our world at least) there were lots of writers who had no illusions about the clergy's greed, horniness and corruption. Giovanni Boccacio wrote in the 1350s about a monk who tricks an innocent young girl into having sex with him, and a few decades later Chaucer, who often strongly criticised the clergy, revealed who was living inside the devil's arse: 20,000 friars. A special recommendation: Voltaire's "Candide". Short, hilarious, and kicks the shit out of the church.
I'm afraid both history and literature shows that sadly, girls were in no way safe.

Hm, well, I guess I just showed why I read this manga. Just like Myne I'm a bookworm. Unfortunately I have no magic, but I have one more thing in common with Myne: I also have a sister named Turi. And yes, that's how it's written, not Toori. Even though I understand that one translator chose the latter to help native English speakers with the pronounciation.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Can you blame him? This goes beyond curiosity. I don't think anyone here, when shown a glimpse of a mind-blowing futuristic world beyond our wildest dreams, would simply go "Aight, I've seen the bare minimum, we can stop now."
Strictly speaking, if I'm working with a perspective that's awful with correctly remembering details, then I would consider ending it early because I would need to sort days of work in advance before parsing all this.

Dex-chan lover
Hasn't the dude already seen enough? Anything more and it has got nothing to do with any security risks Myne might pose, and everything to do with his own curiosity.
it isnt shown yet but:
Fernand is a mad scientist who like Myne with books would die of hunger if he got too distracted with his research. So to him there is so much new stuff, if not for him being strictly trained from his childhood would be all over the place.

But there are side effects to the potion which is you share emotions, so he takes a big one emotionally that he breaks the dream himself (cause he has spent all his life trying to get affection from his family and he was trained to close his heart). Then Myne gets all fuzzy about her feelings for her mother and how she misses her. Which pretty much overwhelms him emotionally.

Myne afterwards ask Fernand if they can do it again, but Fernand denies her because his fear of that emotion breaking him down overwhelms his curiosity

That said he does habe a reason on why he wants to see more, because he wants more than just to see if she is a threat

He wants an arch noble to adopt her and pretend she is his hidden daughter, then she will be potentially be adooted by the arch duke and attend the magic academy where if she messes up can destroy the entire dutchy as ernfest is only ranked 13 so 12 dutchys above and royalty there too. Their dutchy also remained nuetral during the war so their loyalty is often times questioned.

And they have reasons enough to be worried, Myne drives everyone crazy when she gets there lol

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Can you imagine the anime just cut that out of the story and inserted just one slide and a voiceover. Worst ever anime adaptation.

Dex-chan lover
Anime is amazing, one of the best fantasy, and one of the best protagonist, but Its such a shame they skip this part

Fed-Kun's army
The priest recognizes that she is not normal for that world. She is far beyond a genius in terms of creating things. To have that kind of knowledge at that age is literally impossible for them, so he has to figure out where it came from. Is it too hard to believe that they might think it comes from a sinister source that represents a real threat?
As for why he's digging more, he genuinely wants to help her, and to do that he has to understand her beyond just the threat she may or may not pose. Add to that the fact that she might represent an unintentional threat. She's already put into motion a series of changes that could possibly damage the society, merely by working to make books and food and accessories. What else does she know and what else might she unwittingly damage with that knowledge?
She's a double-edged sword. She could be an incredible source of knowledge and research in understanding things beyond what their teachings tell them is true. Knowledge, even beneficial kinds, can be dangerous and especially threatening to some people and positions.

Dex-chan lover
Depends on whose mind you'd be invading. Sure, the temptation to continue would be beyond great, but if it's someone you want to share a bond of mutual trust with, then it's obviously no good, unless the target person themselves wants to keep going, for whatever reason. However, if it's a little kid, you'd always need to take their words and intentions with a grain of salt.
As a somewhat decent human being (a rare commodity among the nobles of that world), he clearly cares for Myne's well-being, but he's clearly the kind of person who wouldn't hesitate to violate her privacy if it meant achieving his own goals. He's also very thorough, so I'm not exactly surprised he'd keep looking for as long as possible to ascertain with absolute certainty that she isn't a threat.

Dex-chan lover
why are the other parts getting translated without finishing this one first? I ain't complaining I'm reading this for free after all but it just doesn't make much sense

Dex-chan lover
why are the other parts getting translated without finishing this one first? I ain't complaining I'm reading this for free after all but it just doesn't make much sense
Some other group just decided to pick it up and start translating it? Afaik TOOR Scans has nothing to do with that translation, so asking here is pretty pointless. Btw, part 2 and 3 are being drawn by different artists, so that's why both have chapters released when part 2 isn't even finished yet.

Power Uploader
The raw are being published simultaneously in Japan, so Part 2, 3 and 4 are being published all at once. Translation of part 3 is being done by another group, which anyone can do. Part 2 raw is still unfinished, even if we translate up to raw now the story still isn't connected to part 3.

Dex-chan lover
The anwser to the sweet mana potion is in fanbook 1.

Q: Why did Ferdinand seem so surprised when Myne found the synchronization potion sweet? Does the flavor change depending on one’s mana quantity?

The potion is easier to drink the more elements you share and the closer your mana quantities are, and likewise harder to drink the less elements you share and the further apart your mana quantities are, which explains why Ferdinand was so surprised. That said, Myne having the Devouring means she would find anyone’s synchronization potion easy to drink.
So it’s kinda like how people with AB positive blood can accept blood from anyone else? That’s at least how my brain is making sense of that information

Dex-chan lover
Woah, this chapter made quite some progress. I wonder whose voice it was at the end? Her mom's?

Dex-chan lover
Reading the manga after reading the LN always made me feel . .

"We have come a long way"

Users who are viewing this thread