Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 2-bu 「Hon no Tamenara Miko ni Naru!」 - Vol. 8 Ch. 39 - After Compassi…

Dex-chan lover
"Please press the like button, subscribe, and be my patron if you want to support the channel!"

Edit: Considering the release schedule, you really should do it the way you feel the most comfortable with. You are providing a free service here. This also isn't the kind of fast-paced action shounen series that would make people forget it, even if you needed to wait until you can release chapters in a manner you find the best. Your only danger, more or less, is that someone else will release lower quality chapters first if you decide to wait for raws of higher quality. That could, psychologically, diminish your enjoyment in working on the chapters. However, that may or may not happen. You wouldn't know it beforehand.

Last edited:
Power Uploader
"Please press the like button, subscribe, and be my patron if you want to support the channel!"

Edit: Considering the release schedule, you really should do it the way you feel the most comfortable with. You are providing a free service here. This also isn't the kind of fast-paced action shounen series that would make people forget it, even if you needed to wait until you can release chapters in a manner you find the best. Your only danger, more or less, is that someone else will release lower quality chapters first if you decide to wait for raws of higher quality. That could, psychologically, diminish your enjoyment in working on the chapters. However, that may or may not happen. You wouldn't know it beforehand.
This was my exact concern, right now Chapter 42 isn't even out in Japan yet. There's a high chance we'll end up waiting for a full year for vol.9 to be out, and sniping is inevitable with that long gap.

omg~ Cute myne hugs? lucky guy. sad but happy chapter. can never get enough of this series. maybe in a few years we can start getting mass production via AI. at the rate its going it should be possible within a year for manga. i suppose there will be nothing stopping them from going full color at that point either.

My suggestion would be to do the lower quality scans, and when the higher quality ones come out replace the chapters. One major part of the work (the translation) should already be done, so hopefully it won't feel like doubling the effort.
you would still have cleaning, but i do wonder, right now they have AI that can do inpainting, where you delete part of the image and then it fills it back in with what it thinks should be there while matching the surroundings. I wonder how well it would work in general for cleaning? provided you arnt deleting a huge chunk i imagine it ought to work rather well. I believe you can also finetune the models to teach it specialize in manga. AI is so amazing.

Double-page supporter
My suggestion would be to do the lower quality scans, and when the higher quality ones come out replace the chapters. One major part of the work (the translation) should already be done, so hopefully it won't feel like doubling the effort.
I generally do the translations using the lower quality stuff, just to make sure I can make our schedule.

But you made a bad assumption: the translation and proofreading is actually one of the easier parts of what we do with this series. Cleaning, redrawing, and typesetting take up most of the time and effort, and those aren't exactly things we can carry over from a lower quality release.

Group Leader
While cleaning is the most time consuming, it doesn't require any special skill set. I can clean. I can redraw. I can typeset. I did the entire first volume of To-Love Ru's tank version by myself. It took about a month but I did it. What I can't do is translate Japanese to English. I always thought there was a certain irony in the fact that anime is much harder to produce but so much easier to subtitle than manga which can be created by a single person but takes so much more effort to translate and make presentable.

Anyway, since the anime has been out for this series for ages I voted for doing what is out now and waiting for the volume 9 tank. If you want this story in English you can at least get the bulk of it already.

Dex-chan lover
I don't mind it being every other month. But I wouldn't be surprised if someone else decided to do the scans in lower quality just to get them out.

Dex-chan lover
I say just wait until Vol. 9 out. Though as the other has pointed out (and looking at your other series), someone will most likely snipe it. So yeah, do what you're comfortable with.

Suzuka is so good with these heartbreaking scenes 🥲 Now I'm sobbing just as I did at the crying Gunther scene in part 1

As for the poll, I'd rather you continue at your current pace and wait for vol 9, or compromise on quality. So either option 2 or 3. But really I'm fine with it any of the 3 options, I'm always grateful for your translations!

Contributor
Have you considered just jumping to Part 3 while you wait for Part 2 to finish? J Novel Club did that as well.

Power Uploader
Have you considered just jumping to Part 3 while you wait for Part 2 to finish? J Novel Club did that as well.
Because we're manga devotees and don't ever check LN nor Anime, it's not possible to jump to Part 3, due to linked events that requires Part 2 context. Not to mention, doing so will double the amount of work for us since once Part 3 starts, we can't just drop it and go back to do Part 2 when new raw is out.

Contributor
I'd honestly go with option 3, but of course you'd better do however you feel most comfortable with

Users who are viewing this thread