Hope You're Happy, Lemon - Ch. 22

Group Leader
You know, I was 100% prepared for there to be no confession because Lemon was bound to act like Lemon, but this manga still amazes me with the way it deliberately cockblocks everybody in the most overexaggerated, needlessly complicated manner. Amazing, really. Nothing short of genius writing.

Dex-chan lover
Anyone out here who can spoil me ? <_< I have no idea what the ultimate goal of this manga is, like where are we trying to get 😵‍💫
This is the latest chap at the time of writing this, there is nothing to spoil.

Dex-chan lover
Anyone out here who can spoil me ? <_< I have no idea what the ultimate goal of this manga is, like where are we trying to get 😵‍💫
We are trying to get out of this dumpster fire story but are all too invested already

Group Leader
You know, I was 100% prepared for there to be no confession because Lemon was bound to act like Lemon, but this manga still amazes me with the way it deliberately cockblocks everybody in the most overexaggerated, needlessly complicated manner. Amazing, really. Nothing short of genius writing.
Andddd that's why I dropped scanlation for this reason

Dex-chan lover
...well, I thought the chapter was pretty funny. Sunao asking if Lemon was planning to kill him, and that cute part where Lemon can't even enjoy her nuggets. They sure do belong together.

It becomes Overthinking: The Manga later on, but... it's not anything new by this point lol

Double-page supporter
Average romance fan: waahhh too many misunderstandings, the author is a huge cockblock, Lemon doesn't deserve Sunao after what she did

Average genderbender enjoyer: why the fuck isn't she confessing on a bodyswap day

Dex-chan lover
Just let them talk. Why is there always the girl character that’s obsessed with the Fl. They’re always the most obnoxious characters because they cockblock at every opportunity.

Just let her confess or explain the misunderstanding so we can get to the next arc of a romance: the catching feelings part

Dex-chan lover
Average romance fan: waahhh too many misunderstandings, the author is a huge cockblock, Lemon doesn't deserve Sunao after what she did

Average genderbender enjoyer: why the fuck isn't she confessing on a bodyswap day
Honestly if I was asked out by myself I’d decline

Dex-chan lover
alright this is the moment where the series gets the 1 rating. This plot and pacing are as stupid as they are slow, and this series is so slow its going to shrivel if I pour salt on it.

Dex-chan lover
I mean cockblocks aside..
She already did have him, just for her to completely pointlessly lie to him about being a Harlot and then proceed to chase after him going on about how much she loves him and cockblock herself

True writing Genius I must say indeed 🙂‍↕️

She could've probably just shot him and mc would've forgotten by now, or even just ghost him for a couple years and just reappear again like they've just met last week 🫡

Group Leader
I mean cockblocks aside..
She already did have him, just for her to completely pointlessly lie to him about being a Harlot and then proceed to chase after him going on about how much she loves him and cockblock herself

True writing Genius I must say indeed 🙂‍↕️

She could've probably just shot him and mc would've forgotten by now, or even just ghost him for a couple years and just reappear again like they've just met last week 🫡
It's worse than that. She seemingly doesn't understand, or hasn't realized, that her lie still affects Sunao and is 100% going to ruin her chances with him (ignoring his existing crush). How can someone not consider how their insane lies affected their former partner.

Lemon would be the worst character in this manga if it wasn't for the recent introduction of Raika here, but at the rate things are going Raika might redeem herself before Lemon, if the latter is ever redeemed.

Dex-chan lover
It's worse than that. She seemingly doesn't understand, or hasn't realized, that her lie still affects Sunao and is 100% going to ruin her chances with him (ignoring his existing crush). How can someone not consider how their insane lies affected their former partner.

Lemon would be the worst character in this manga if it wasn't for the recent introduction of Raika here, but at the rate things are going Raika might redeem herself before Lemon, if the latter is ever redeemed.
tbf, Sunao has forgotten all about it as well
Makes me wonder if the body swapping made them forget or something

Everyday I live, I thank god for making "Hope You're Happy, Lemon"... also, I don't believe in god.
This manga is such a rollercoaster of emotions, that I think I'm going to die cuz of brain damage 💀💀💀

Dex-chan lover
Lemon is actually insane thinking an ex would accept you again in any shape or form while they think you cheated on them with 3 dudes. She doesn't even THINK about it. I so wish Sunao would tell Suzuka what happened in the past since he has an actual working brain and can actually tell off Lemon.

Speaking of which, his and the stalker girls conclusion after their conversation doesn't make any fucking sense. What a mass.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread