Horimiya - Vol. 16 Ch. 119.7 - Twenty Years Before

Dex-chan lover
I would come to the same conclusion if i was in his place.
"I need to marry this woman "

Double-page supporter
Dang Hori's mom has got it going on huh. Hori's dad hella lucky man

Kyosuke did right marrying Yuriko hella cute

On another note slapstick like this is hella common in Japanese media and it apparently sells domestically, hence why new anime, especially slice of life/comedy ones, still have a lot of the "girls gets flustered and hits guy" trope. This manga wasnt made for westerners who are more sensitive to this type of skit

all the people saying that hori is abusive, clearly haven't been reading this manga at all (or lack reading comprehension). but it's been clear from the beginning that hori has trouble expressing herself in words, and resorts to screaming or hitting when she can't find the right words, and the people who love her understand that, miyamura especially. he even finds that fighting is a way for people to express how close people are with one another. he can also protect himself, just because the dude is skinny, it doesn't mean that he isn't strong (he headbutted sengoku, and beat up toru remember?).

so yes while domestic abuse in real life is absolutely terrible, and need to be taken seriously, we also need to understand that this is clearly not domestic abuse.

edit: also, the original webcomic this was based on was hella dark so this is extremely light compared to that.

Dex-chan lover
Localthespian, I don't really care how many issues someone has, if it results in them randomly physically lashing out at someone then it's a problem.

Girl hits boy is common in japan, even the smallest things get them hit, yet they don't complain because they know it's not meant as it seems, fucking westeners ruin everything man, if Japan takes every manga and anime media back, I'd gladly live in japan, fucking westeners.

@Dezir same in the philippines too. i always hit, slap, punch (not in the face) and kick my guy classmates lol because of that we're all getting close

@Ixtab in the webcomic ,in one of the translations that i saw (because there's not a lot of chapters translated), an example i guess would be in the chapter where miyamura and hori do it, hori was talking about how it's cold that she feels like a corpse. she then asks miyamura what it would be like to die together, miyamura then scratches her chest to the point of bleeding, and says that she's warm so that means she's alive. she then bites him in the neck in retaliation for the scratch.

The flashback of Hori’s parents was adorable, although these time skips are a little confusing.

@Dezir
Yeah in my school it's common too. We don't complain at all, because we know that they don't mean it the way westeners think. Sometimes they show their closeness with someone by hitting them.

Users who are viewing this thread