Horimiya - Vol. 16 Ch. 119.7 - Twenty Years Before

ah yes hori household is very interesting now we already know how they look like in highschool.

Group Leader
these are nice and all but I kind of want the "current" timeline to return...

Dex-chan lover
i want more of hori wanting to experience domestic violence while everyone is completely horrified

It feels like the author is stuck on how to progress Hori and Miyamura's story but it's sooo good to also see other people's relationships

Dex-chan lover
@jyehgo Stuck? Nope. Hori and Miyamira's story is done after the proposal. This manga is the redraw version of the web manga and there are hundreds of chapters that haven't been adapted yet. Most of them are side stories. All that left about Hori and Miyamura is the epilogue. At this point, you should treat this as a slice-of-life manga.

how do people like hori bro... she literally fucking slapped miyamura for talking to another girl. read that sentence again if you aren’t already convinced she’s a bad girlfriend.

Dex-chan lover
@squashua15 It seems like the mangaka didn't bother to spend half a second for a good reason for the slap and... didn't come up with any reason at all. How hard would it have been to say that Hori found Miyamura grasping the arm of a crying girl and acted before thinking, or something else a little more involved than "talked to another girl"?

@squashua15 @Kaarme When it comes to this kind of thing, mangakas should really take a look at the situation & ask themselves "If the geners/roles were reversed, would this be socially or morally acceptable?"

If no, but you really want to have this in your story, then either go off the tracks & completely change a character's personality for this, or find a different approach to how you could get a similar result.

@Kaarme I really hate this whole "grasping the arm of a crying girl and acted before thinking" trope. You see the person you know and love in this kind of situation with a stranger and your first instinct is to consider them scum and attack them? That's bullshit. I know it's used a lot in manga/anime for slapstick but it's really bad.

As for the reason that he "talked to another girl", it is in character for Hori to be jealous and violent.

Dex-chan lover
@kozmyn No, actually it's not: Hori is more worried about Miyamura getting along with other guys than other girls. So, it's not in her character. "Talking to another girl" is what a mangaka comes up in half a second, "grasping the arm of a crying girl" in two seconds. Something that's actually more novel and not a cliche might perhaps take even minutes. Heaven forbid the author of this manga would need to spend minutes to finalise a chapter plot.

Damn the mom doesn't play around. Slap the bitch yourself you know?

Although, i hope the author tones down the violence...Hori kinda needs to chill a bit

Users who are viewing this thread