Horimiya - Vol. 16 Ch. 119.7 - Twenty Years Before

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit, she feels like a sadistic hori, best mom 2021

Dex-chan lover
a woman hits a man, that's a challenge. a man hits a woman, that's passing a challenge. moralfags do not understand.

this manga has gone on for way too long without miyamura putting hori in her place like she wants, it's weird and unnatural that he hasn't. my balls are just getting bluer

Dex-chan lover
@idgal what hori did is a lot more tame than the slap from a Tsundere from other rom com series (which is usually in an ecchi situationbor saying some thing nice to her) that's why I usually hate tsundere

Dex-chan lover
@Gilith @Cynic But here is the thing. We the readers are not meant to take it seriously. They take it semi-seriously, but there is no real consequence. It's just to make the joke that she's supposed to be scary.

But if it was actually real, he'd be way more wounded, way more damaged and way more harmed.

If it was meant to be taken too seriously, then it would not last to this point and nobody would allow it.

It is made to look serious enough so she seems scary, but it's not actually serious so we shouldn't actually worry about him

But he was told not to hit a girl because that was meant to be a real hit. He was planning on protecting his girl with violence.

Now, if you don't like the joke or the fact that the author uses it as a device... I can actually sort of agree with that. If you think the author is going too far. Then that's fine.

But Hori herself shouldn't be blamed. Her violence is exaggerated for comedy as are his wounds.

Honestly, I personally like this kind of comic violence. I just don't like that it's not always done equally (okay, there is violence towards females in shoujo, but that seems to be real violence rather than comic). I mean, I get that most of the writers of the comic violence are males themselves, so they'd feel uncomfortable writing violence towards females as often (though Fairy Tail still has that).

I feel that it just sucks that females are left out.

I get there is the fear of it because people worry about female abuse more... but still... I feel that shouldn't be an excuse to leave them out of the fun.

Power Uploader
IIRC, they had Kyouko just after graduation.

I even wonder if she wasn't already pregnant just before graduating (but she was already 18 though, or not far from it)

Guys don’t take it seriously this manga is for entertainment only 😂. If you’re a advocate for gender equality this manga is not for you. This is for sadistic and masochist couple just take it.

Dex-chan lover
They had Kyouko quite young huh? Nothing wrong with that, just that the title of the chapter really put it into perspective. It's cool to see how much of a badass Yuriko was back in the day

That being said, the Kyouko's slapping thing is a bit 😬

Dex-chan lover
manga excepted, don't accept or slap partners for talking to other people glad to see others saying this in the comments. there are reasons to use violence, this aint it.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm hoping the domestic violence is just a thing because they're young and will pass once they're older. They both seem to be fine with it (going either way) but will that hold up a couple years down the line?

Double-page supporter
I agree with most people, but also remember that Hori is also masochistic... Which I find even more terrifying, as she's trying to get Miyamura to be abusive towards her. I was expecting something a tad more wholesome, not Nana to Kaoru Lite.

Don't get why they're comparing Yuriko with Hori when Yuriko only slapped the girl out of self defense..., while Hori is just straight up abusing Miyamura without even listening to reason lmao

Fed-Kun's army
At first half I didn't understand a thing which was going on, I was like why is sengoku without his girls, untill the guy introduced I am "Hori Kyousuke" we all were like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH, I get it now."

Fed-Kun's army
what the fuck
i forgot what the hell i was reading for a whole moment...

lol at the end, i usually never do this, but if the genders were reversed...

Users who are viewing this thread