Horimiya - Vol. 16 Ch. 119.7 - Twenty Years Before

Thank you for the chapter , I really love the mangaka style for making every character relatable and interesting ❤❤

Real talk tho if anyone ever slaps another person in a relationship do NOT assume it wont get worse or that it's a one time thing. It's never ok to do such a thing to your s/o.

Cute enough chapter anyway

Dex-chan lover
@Jackist For me personally, I like time skips.... it's often done to affirm that the characters have a happy ending. It's a confirmation that things are going to be all right.

Of course, in shonen, I like them because it lets us skip a lot of the useless hard work and focus on the story.

I appreciate them more after reading Chinese novels where every single stage of the MC's cultivation is explored and done... it feels like when the stories get too long, it's just filler... you know?

And then there are these kinda random time skips, that just let us know what will happen in the future for some side characters that we like.

Hell, these kinda time skips can end up leading to spin offs that are just as enjoyable (if not more so).

@Himecchi no she isn't. You need to remember, there is a thing called comic abuse. You as the reader are not meant to take it seriously. It's just an exaggeration.

If she was actually abusive, they'd break up. It's comic slapstick that's just meant to be funny. It's based off of a Japanese humor called Manzai, but also works off the whipped boyfriend/husband joke along with the strict Asian mom joke. But again, it's exaggerated.

YAY! FINALLY! Feels like it's been ages since a new chapter! Aaand I'm done.....how long until the next chapter? xD

@Totallynotdom Oh, I know. It's just with the way the world is, it honestly feels like it's been several months since the last chapter. Not one.

Dex-chan lover
@Jackist really shouldn't worry too much about time skips or flashbacks here, the slices of life in this manga have stretched the last month of high school for a couple years now.

Dex-chan lover
holy fuck this chapter is godlike
this should have been a whole arc

also:
*character that has eyes closed most of the time opens them*
I fucking love this trope

o boy
image-2021-01-03-055405.png

122 chapters in, and I still can't picture the Hori family as anything but a bunch of blond(e)s.

Dex-chan lover
The mother of the ice queen and Souta Mk. 0
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Aggregator gang
Kyosuke and Yuriko are so cute together! I glad we got this little flashback.

Thank you for the translation, TSP!

Users who are viewing this thread