Horimiya - Vol. 4 Ch. 25 - Can't Say

Aggregator gang
Holy shiz Kyousuke is tall (for a Japanese person anyway). 180cm

The Japanese word for warm is 'atatakai'. That is...a lot of syllables to say. Not to mention that the negative past tense version ("was not warm") is even harder to say: 'atatakakunakatta'

Try saying that 5 times fast!

Dex-chan lover
I think Hori's parents are both horrible parents but theyre good people, both pretty funny too.

Dad's right thats the person her daughter chose so might as well trust her, but then again forget if he even knows enough about her to trust her hes been so little with her i dont really think he has any right to start giving her shit right?

Aggregator gang
I hate English
I have this joke with friends which is straight up the word "worm" so now I'm saying "waorm" "waarm" "worm" and everything that isn't "warm" even "wram"!

Dex-chan lover
Indeed what's wrong with your place...?😂
And also, what's wrong with wram?

Double-page supporter
@justcallmedaboss you're right in a sense. They're not the best parents. Mother is always away to work and rarely home, and her dad was away all this time and is way too carefree with air of lack of responsibility. But at the same time, they're not the worst either. Mother is doing what she can to work and raise her family by bringing in the money, and ... the dad is honestly the shittiest one out of all of them, but they never really did go into why he left and they never do go into that in the future either. I guess there was some kind of history, but still you shouldn't leave your kids like that regardless of whatever issue you may have had. But it seems like he still loves them, and in his carefree attitude way. At least he isn't being a bitch towards Miyamura, but he could have been at least a little cautious when it comes to a guy spending time alone with his daughter at home. I know I would be. Maybe both of the parents naturally just trust Hori for being a responsible girl who wouldn't just bring anyone home like that. But regardless, you're right in the sense that they're not great. But they aren't the worst, and they're flawed but doing what they can I guess. The only person I'd say that really needs to shape up is the dad. They never really redeem his character, he just stays exactly the way he is here, but I guess that's a given because the story was never about anyone else other than the kids really.

Dex-chan lover
@goodhunter

lol I thought you were gonna try like redeeming the parent or something at certain points but then it was just like "you're right they're terrible ..."

And indeed they are im glad you agree, anyone that'd say they aren't are just shitty parents themselves or they had terrible parents themselves and will try to excuse them.

I'll agree the mother is doing her best, the sad thing is that it looks like she's a single mom, and take in mind that they had another kid, that's just completely irresponsible and horrible really if they knew they had no time, the first one, idk an accident of their youth stupidity and love, but another one when the mom is always off working and the dad is some deadbeat piece of shit ? Just horrible.

Having another bigger kid and just thinking "well she'll take care of the smaller one" that's just horrible, you're robing the kid of all their time, as we're shown with this series Hori really doesn't have time for herself, she's a pseudo mom for the kid, that's just sad, is it like the worst thing in the world? I guess not but that still doesn't excuse it from being horrible towards Hori not really being able to have her own life cuz her parents are retarded.

In that same note just saying "oh my you're so responsible I'm glad we can leave the kid to you" in the way they know Hori is responsible is also very negligent in their part she's just a kid, she has her own life, and as we've seen she does resent them, sadly (for me) and happily for them I guess she's too much of a good kid to ever say it to them which just keeps the cycle of them putting too much pressure on her going.

I guess the dad just knew he really had no leverage to try and step in now after all this time hea been a sack of shit, good, cuz most shitty parents think they do on just the account of them being a parent even if they've never look after the kid, hey you came out of my balls I own you until you can support yourself.

So yeah like I had said in my original message they both seem like good people, but they're shit terrible parents, and Hori is just too much of a good person to tell them that.

If you're gonna have a kid just be sure to have time to take care of the fucking thing lol.

Users who are viewing this thread