Horimiya

If there is a part 1, there is a part 2, but after those it will mostly return back to the present time. Its like one of those filler-like chapters where you see different moments and perspectives.

ALSO IS THAT HORI WITH SHIRT HAIR?!?!

I feel like the cause of this time skip is that they are gonna make this a spin-off..... so they kinda made those 10 years later chapters to see if fans want more of that...... it's technically a oneshot lmao.

i swear this fuckin ended ages ago so why does it keep showing up with all the chapters except a couple random ones in the middle as unread?

I’m confused people are saying the main story ended? But it’s still on going can someone explain please ?

Can someone tell me how to read this series? Like im confused, is this a spin off or the official and is it still going on

@quantum_tea im not really good at manga terminologies and what exactly happened, but the original series is actually called Hori-san to Miyamura-kun, and then adapted to Horimiya. Horimiya is the same plot just cleaner and better art (the other artsyle is still good)

@quantum_tea

Hori-san to Miyamura-kun is a webcomic written and drawn by HERO. It's complete with the first 140 chapters being the main storyline, while the rest are extra stories taking place between the first 140 chapters.

Horimiya is an adaptation, or you can call it "a remake", of that webcomic with a different art style. It's still ongoing with 1 chapter/month. In terms of plot, it's pretty much the same as the original webcomic, but it's also a mix between the the main storyline and the extras from the webcomics to make it more like a complete linear storyline. So after finished part of the main storyline, it's currently adapting the extras and it will take a while before we can go back to the rest of the main storyline of the webcomic (which is why people keep saying the main story ended @Xtivaan).

So, you can just simply read Horimiya without having to read the original webcomic. After all, the webcomic hasn't been fully translated yet.

@Tekikato @PeterAn4798 Thanks a lot for clearing that up. One more thing. How much of the original web comic has been adapted into Horimiya and if i catch up with the horimiya releases should i just read the webcomic or wait?

@quantum_tea

Like I said, the webcomic hasn't been fully translated to English yet, so I can't really answer that, maybe 50%, I think. So if you can read Japanese, you can check out the the webcomic.

But you need to be aware that the manga makes some changes to the order of the chapters, meaning that some of the chapters of the webcomic were adapted first even though they were released later (for example, chap 120 of Horimiya is a combination of parts of chap 145, 206, 207, and 208 in the webcomic), so it can be a pain in the butt to keep track on the story when you read both version.

For me, I'd wait for the Horimiya release. It's more fun to wait to be surprised, and to have a discussion on an ongoing manga.

Ooh, so Hori gonna cut her hair rather short in 10 years span.
A surprise, but a welcomed one for sure. Am curious how Miyamura would looked like lol

MAAAAAAAAAN I REALLY REALLY LOVE THIS MANGA SO MUUUCCCCHHH 😭😭😭😭😭💕💕💕💕💕

@Ser_Walker me too! Hope miyamura will show up in the next chapter haha
Are they already married??

@quantum_tea @PeterAn4798
Maybe it's about 30%.
The webcomic has 582 chapters now, and some of them have two completely separated stories. For example, half of chapter 206 is about "ten years later," but the other half is on the regular Hori&Miya timeline.
So technically, the webcomic has 846 stories now.
And each chapter in the Manga is based on one or two stories of the webcomic. (Sometimes it's more than 3) The Manga has 120 chapters now, so it means 200~250 stories of the webcomic were adapted as manga chapters.

@yadyyyyy
Ok, I believe some parts of the earlier chapters of the webcomic was skipped so I just assumed 50%. But yeah, 30% sounds about right.

Users who are viewing this thread