Horobi no Kuni no Seifukusha - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - A New Encounter

Dex-chan lover
The princess doesn't like Yuuri cause of his aloofness; he's irritating me cause he gives off a pretentious vibe, though that maybe due to him being an adult, and it's just isekai/reincarnated making it weird.
@AlphaFlow, you said what I wanted to say, but faster
Another issue I realized after reading this manga is the MC comes from an extreme place of privilege and acts like an asshole somewhat? I'm going to say I feel like this is a perfect example of what a trustfund nepo-baby is in a manga because this kid is a : reincarnated full grown adult from the future, a mathematician or expert level physicist(?), the child of a super rich, well connected noble who was next in line for the head of his household etc. And all this and he acts like none of it matters and none of it is important to him. What the heck is this writer smoking?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

The roommate looks like he needs the same treatment as what happened to the princess - like some sort of sweeping-the-dojo-floor-with-his-face type of lessons on humility. (But I hope it wouldn't take too long to make it happen)

Dex-chan lover
Siam is the superior girl!
God another one?! What the hell do these 10 year olds have to be so arrogant about?
Well, for that one...Royalty, with all the perks and baggage that comes with it. Some see only the perks, and the weight of the baggage doesn't really settle in until it lands squarely on their heads. Until then, that's generally where the arrogance comes from.

To the MC...wording, boy! If you were a functional adult in your previous life, this is something you should know!

Dex-chan lover
Another issue I realized after reading this manga is the MC comes from an extreme place of privilege and acts like an asshole somewhat? I'm going to say I feel like this is a perfect example of what a trustfund nepo-baby is in a manga because this kid is a : reincarnated full grown adult from the future, a mathematician or expert level physicist(?), the child of a super rich, well connected noble who was next in line for the head of his household etc. And all this and he acts like none of it matters and none of it is important to him. What the heck is this writer smoking?
From the look of things, his only ambition is just to become a good successor to his father as head of the clan, not dragged into the national scene. Which is why the Princess is so enraged because he treats his skills like they were nothing while easily outdoing her, who is aspiring to take over the country. Same way that kid in class who seems to be a natural-born genius who doesn't work hard, somehow scores top marks without cheating, and outpaces everyone with dark circles under their eyes. She's a bundle of emotions which probably includes, but isn't limited to not just that frustration, but an underlying fear about what he could become, and she doesn't know what that might mean for her future, or the country's if someone like that reaches a more prominent position. It could be said his tutor was the one to blame for overpreparing him.

For someone actively working to stay in a number one spot, this is the kind of anxiety that comes with it. Not like she knows he just wants to stay home, or what he was previously. She just naturally assumed that someone with skills like that would aspire for big things, because that's what she would do. Yuuri has demonstrated that he can nonchalantly reach for things, and acquire them with far less effort than many. Combined with his apparent lack of ambition is like implying all the hard work she's done was for nothing, because someone as talented as Yuuri exists. If not him, someone like him can show up one day and snatch away everything she's working toward.

Knight families are pretty low on the food chain of feudal ranks, especially from royals. They'd hardly be as rich as other nobles, but the ones who are well known earn that from the prestige of achievements, or infamy.

And really, the author never said he was any kind of genius, even back on Earth. Chapter 1 showed a scruffy looking middle-aged man from divorced parents, who was probably a corporate wageslave.

Dex-chan lover
Myaro is a girl right? And with a lot of plot? (page 25 gave me those thoughts)

MC background before reincarnation kind of explains why he is a jerk.
MC will change his attitude during this arc when he learns more about the world.

So magic do exist in this world and they are likely lying to him about how being a witch has nothing to do with magic.
It didn't made sense why they would let the females be in charge of politics and administration but it now makes some sense.
There is no magic in this world. they are called witches because they were apothecaries and created medicine and "Potions". This is also a matriarchal society except for the knight families.

Dex-chan lover
MC background before reincarnation kind of explains why he is a jerk.
MC will change his attitude during this arc when he learns more about the world.

There is no magic in this world. they are called witches because they were apothecaries and created medicine and "Potions". This is also a matriarchal society except for the knight families.
Then explain the light butterfly that sundenly appear when the MC kiss the Queen's hand.
There is no way this society would be a "mathriarchal" with what we have seen so far if the women don't have some especial advantage, as all that would be needed would be one ambitious enough men to destroy the whole system.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, what? His new friend says: " I look forward to working with you for the next 15 years.", does that mean MC will stay in this Royal Academic School for the next 15 years??? :questionblob:
Yeah ikr, usually academy only last for 3 to 6 years, 15 is just overkill especially if he started from 12.

Dex-chan lover
How refreshing it would be if he just went to the residence hall director and immediately changed rooms instead of learning about shitbird's tragic backstory that made him so antisocial.

Dex-chan lover
Then explain the light butterfly that sundenly appear when the MC kiss the Queen's hand.
There is no way this society would be a "mathriarchal" with what we have seen so far if the women don't have some especial advantage, as all that would be needed would be one ambitious enough men to destroy the whole system.
The butterfly is just an artistic embellishment. Similar to when a boy is surrounded by roses in a Shojo romance.

The political breakdown in their world is going to be summarized in the spoiler, but you can wait a few chapters you'll get it there.

. The quick version is Noble Men are in charge of the military, Noble Women are in charge of administration and business. Yuri is from the Ho Family, which is the largest of the 5 chief knight families. He is attending the knight's academy, basically military officer school. They learn martial arts, Eagle riding, tactics, etc. Where the men are Knights, Noble Women are called "witches" because they can do math and medicine. Think of it like medieval superstition. Girls attend the Reformatory academy, where they learn etiquette, language, history, accounting, etc. Witch families are in charge of things like Garbage collection, the city guard, manufacturing, shipping, etc. The Royal family is headed by a Queen, and Carol her Daughter is first in line to inherit.

The reason Knight Families don't take over the capital is because it's too much work. Most graduates of the Knight Academy are dumb jocks. Yuri is very unique because he learned history and language from his Aunt before attending the academy.

Dex-chan lover
The butterfly is just an artistic embellishment. Similar to when a boy is surrounded by roses in a Shojo romance.

The political breakdown in their world is going to be summarized in the spoiler, but you can wait a few chapters you'll get it there.

. The quick version is Noble Men are in charge of the military, Noble Women are in charge of administration and business. Yuri is from the Ho Family, which is the largest of the 5 chief knight families. He is attending the knight's academy, basically military officer school. They learn martial arts, Eagle riding, tactics, etc. Where the men are Knights, Noble Women are called "witches" because they can do math and medicine. Think of it like medieval superstition. Girls attend the Reformatory academy, where they learn etiquette, language, history, accounting, etc. Witch families are in charge of things like Garbage collection, the city guard, manufacturing, shipping, etc. The Royal family is headed by a Queen, and Carol her Daughter is first in line to inherit.

The reason Knight Families don't take over the capital is because it's too much work. Most graduates of the Knight Academy are dumb jocks. Yuri is very unique because he learned history and language from his Aunt before attending the academy.
I understand the political situation, all I am saying is that it doesn't make sense that it is like that. It is just too unrealistic when there is not an actual reason for it to be that way.
Again if administration is done by the women then any competent men ambitious enough will easily destroy that system.

If the butterfly is "non diagetic" then why did it appear when he kissed the hand instead of when he saw the queens face, which would be understandable because the Queen is said to be very beautifull. As it goes he just looks up because of the butterfly.
The whole scene made it look like the pledge had some magical effect over him and the girl.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I understand the political situation, all I am saying is that it doesn't make sense that it is like that. It is just too unrealistic when there is not an actual reason for it to be that way.
Again if administration is done by the women then any competent men ambitious enough will easily destroy that system.
That's similar to asking "If the slaves don't like their master, why don't they rise up and burn his mansion down?" Power structures arise for a number of reasons, internal and external. Once the structure exists it's difficult to change. There are plentiful examples of matriarchal societies throughout history, that didn't simply collapse because an ambitious man showed up. (give it a google!)

Another question is "what do you suppose an ambitious man could do that the women in charge could not?" It's not like they wrestle to determine who is in charge. Women are just as capable of organizing people, handling weapons, having innovative ideas or technology, and accumulating wealth and public influence.

I think you are assuming there is not an actual reason for this fictional society to be matriarchal. Why not try seeing what the author has cooked instead of fitting it into your personal metanarrative?
If the butterfly is "non diagetic" then why did it appear when he kissed the hand instead of when he saw the queens face, which would be understandable because the Queen is said to be very beautifull. As it goes he just looks up because of the butterfly.
The whole scene made it look like the pledge had some magical effect over him and the girl.
Bruh, ask the artist. The author included no magic in the LN.

Dex-chan lover
There are plentiful examples of matriarchal societies throughout history, that didn't simply collapse because an ambitious man showed up. (give it a google!)
There are no such thing...
No matriarchal society has ever been sucessfull and the ones that were not extinguished were because they were in very innacessible places or in places with nor esource worth the trouble and even then most of them crumbled by themselves.

There are no such thing...
No matriarchal society has ever been sucessfull and the ones that were not extinguished were because they were in very innacessible places or in places with nor esource worth the trouble and even then most of them crumbled by themselves.
At this point I would really suggest you read the web novel. The translation is good and the parts after it are easily readable with Google translate. The novel has a lot more depth and world building.

Here is a link

https://bayabuscotranslation.com/demon-king/

You are correct that the society would not be successful. The kingdom where this takes place is the last of 7 shan (the name of the race that mc belongs to) kingdoms that were originally part of a giant empire. The kingdoms have been getting crusaded by this world version of the catholic church and all the shan are turned into slaves. The MC learns of this and the political situation in the country and decides to leave, but ends up staying and fighting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread