Horobi no Kuni no Seifukusha - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - Something Important

Aggregator gang
So now we catch our first glimpse of the future "Conqueror" as seen in the title. It appears that Yuuri is going to become the kind of leader who is intelligent and reasonable, but can be distinctly brutal when pushed. This chapter made quite the impression, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of this warlord-to-be.

Dex-chan lover
Very noice. He tried communicating. Honestly, once the ink was dropped I was hoping some physicality would've ensued so the MC was really patient.

Dex-chan lover
Now that is what I want to see.

Thank god the author isn't one of the typical warm-milk drinkers.
Alright, warm milk with honey is delicious, in case you didn't know. But yes, that was indeed a satisfying moment !

Contributor
Honestly, this chapter is so true to life, it isn't even funny. So many of these things assume that the person who appears to be more aggressive is at fault without looking into how the situation even occurred. And people tell you to ignore it all, saying that the reaction is what the bullies want, which is one, not always the case (see this chapter), two not possible if the bullies are targeting you physically or your stuff or interfering with your schoolwork.

(I've been there myself, and usually the teacher refused to believe me… because I'd rather stand up for myself than run to a teacher and hope that they actually do something effective. Well, I never did anything physically in retaliation after elementary school, since I was always small for my age and unathletic, so I was more verbal, but the point remains.)

Dex-chan lover
"don't worry, it's just a concussion, nothing serious. It's not like he was going to use that brain anyway..."

Dex-chan lover
He was definitely unnecessarily brutal to a kid but for some reason I enjoyed it some kids just need to get their **** whooped to learn their lesson.

I always said, i hate academy arc, there're brat whose bragging about their family power and abusing it.

Dex-chan lover
Well done!
Bullys deserve no less, and a refusal to stand against them when you can is nothing more than tacit approval of their evil.

And seriously?
FUCK that dorm mother; every word he said was 100% what a knight must say, and she was utterly in the wrong.
Her being wrong is why he was punished in the first place; those who love to bully children always Always ALWAYS do anything they can to blame the ones who stand against them... regardless of culture.

I hope she gets fired; perhaps a whipping, as well; there is no possible way she hasn't arranged this kind of thing before.

Dex-chan lover
Nice to see a protagonist actually being proactive, not backing down to be the “bigger man” for no reason, and actually daring to talk back to authority with sound reasoning. Not just bowing his head acting like some kind of martyr, being all silent and “cool” while taking shit for no reason, but not screeching at the teacher like some edgy, anti-government teen as well. All in all it’s just refreshing to see a protagonist act this way when the norm has been the opposite for so long.

thank you for coming to my ted talk.
It's so good to read because it's what an adult would Actually Do in this situation, and not some ridiculous horseshit where the MC is OPAF and claims to be, hell, DEMANDS to be "the weakest" while being filled with self-loathing (usually from the horrible trauma of nothing), and "laughing it off."

Users who are viewing this thread