Horobi no Kuni no Seifukusha - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Darkness Of The Royal Capital

Group Leader
Sureeeee, don't tell that there is a guy on the loose that:
holds a grudge against your family.
isn't afraid to kill a princess.
has experience in combat and organized crime.

Another thing, dont matter how much the kid trained, if i got knocked out by a 10 years old i would feel ashamed as hell :kek:.

Group Leader
Hello guys, I just spoke to some moderators at mangadex and also emailed the OFFICIAL PUBLISHER about the renewal of the series, and I found that the publishers have no set date to when VOLUME 4 of this manga would be licensed. The folks at mangadex clarified to me that I can continue scanlating, BUT, can receive a legal notice and they can't help me in that matter.

The publishers also didn't confirm to whether they would drop it and gave a vague statement about it starting pre-publication on the site.

I will be honest with everyone, as much as I like to scanlate this manga, I am also afraid of a legal notice. Hence, I will be dropping this manga ONCE AGAIN :angery:

I know many will be upset and angry at me for just coming back to T/L a few chapters and leave, but I don't want to risk anything, specially if it's with a big company.
In the future if there is an official confirmation that the publication has dropped the manga, I will be the first one to scanlate it and present it to the readers.

Until then, I hope all of you have a good time.

Dex-chan lover
I thought it was gonna be like 3 or 4 chapters of them escaping I'm kinda glad and disappointed that it wasnt

Dex-chan lover
She's depressed enough already. For the most part, Yuuri still doesn't care much for her so he just didn't bother. It's only after this that Carol start busying herself around him.
It's not about trying to make her more sad, it is about instilling the lesson that she shouldn't stalk people personally and instead sic her spies - or even assassins - on people she wants to know what they are up to. As is, it seems the only lesson she is taking home is that there are slums filled with dirty, disabled, and overall mean people who happily resorts to crime for gold (then depending on how empathic she is, she will either want to clean them away, or she will want to help them so they aren't living like that).

Dex-chan lover
Hello guys, I just spoke to some moderators at mangadex and also emailed the OFFICIAL PUBLISHER about the renewal of the series, and I found that the publishers have no set date to when VOLUME 4 of this manga would be licensed. The folks at mangadex clarified to me that I can continue scanlating, BUT, can receive a legal notice and they can't help me in that matter.

The publishers also didn't confirm to whether they would drop it and gave a vague statement about it starting pre-publication on the site.

I will be honest with everyone, as much as I like to scanlate this manga, I am also afraid of a legal notice. Hence, I will be dropping this manga ONCE AGAIN :angery:

I know many will be upset and angry at me for just coming back to T/L a few chapters and leave, but I don't want to risk anything, specially if it's with a big company.
In the future if there is an official confirmation that the publication has dropped the manga, I will be the first one to scanlate it and present it to the readers.

All a legal notice could do, is ask you to take down your content. It is (generally) entirely legal for you to translate it, even to store the files privately (and in many countries even host it accessible for a "closed society". In other words, "not protect you" simply means that they will take it down if mangadex receives a dmca. And if you receive a notice (assuming it is one with any legal weight), that you stop uploading publicly to us.

In other words, the result will be identical to us readers. The details are simply that you are allowed to continue [even after you received a dmca] if you are the only one with access (plus some extra, depending on country - and some define the "extra" as "any number of people in a society/group with an explicit list of members". Though often that includes a membership fee. One example, which is the one I learned about this from, is everyone in a university + people contacting the groups arrangers that they want to apply).

Dex-chan lover
well, they would meet a lot from now on.
Thank for the scan.

I don't know what happen behind the scene. but as far as I can hear J-novel are quite generous of scanlation/translation thing. sometimes they only ask for take down and you just have to take it down. and yes they rarely confirm about schedule unless they already start doing it, because some stuff are just hard to predict (read: bureaucracy).
also they already had the LN to the latest volume, so I don't think they would drop the manga anytime soon.

Double-page supporter

Thanks for your work!

Dex-chan lover
It's licensed by J-Novel, they drop things all the time without ever announcing it. They also tend to grab up popular fan-scanlated manga to try and rip off people using their own slightly modified translations from scratch to kill grass root efforts and, if the series isn't popular, they just drop them. I mean, I agree that it's probably better safe than sorry to avoid getting some legal notice and a headache but considering who owns it, they are going to do nothing with it.

Dex-chan lover

Dude, there's a very simple solution for this. Find someone from a country where DMCA means rat's ass, who's willing to upload the chapters for you.

Users who are viewing this thread