Horobi no Kuni no Seifukusha - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Darkness Of The Royal Capital

Dex-chan lover
Thank you. That's the bane of official translations. They're painstakingly slow.

The thing that I like about this post is that the first half of it handwaves away what I was saying (without, of course, offering anything even as much as a "wiki page written by literally 5 people" to back up what you are saying), while the second half implicitly accepts what I was saying WAS THE STANDARD while ignoring my original posts wording of "ORIGINAL code of scanslator ethics".
I didn't say it was the standard, I said the wiki you linked CLAIMS it was one (though it doesn't even really do that tbh).

There couldn't possibly be any "original code of ethics" because scanlation groups didn't originate from one place and were too fragmented for any universal standard to be possible back then.

Besides your own source disproves that anyway: "(...) can vary among fans and fan communities (...)", "Some scanlation groups take down (...)", and lists common reasons for not dropping series including "Available yet delayed official release".

Dex-chan lover
Man, I just binged 7 volumes of the novel and oof, absolutely loved it. Thanks for the tl and making me read the novel.

Dex-chan lover
@morichiro the two lates volume make my tummy hurt. . . .
Honestly after reading until the latest chapter, and then reading the story again from the beginnings, I can only say I miss them so much.
I really wish we can have more heartwarming story instead, but yeah... the author are serious about dying kingdom part of the title.
And now looking at the color page in first chapter, it just feel grim.
No girls. Only the MC alone. And he's not looking happy.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly after reading until the latest chapter, and then reading the story again from the beginnings, I can only say I miss them so much.
I really wish we can have more heartwarming story instead, but yeah... the author are serious about dying kingdom part of the title.
And now looking at the color page in first chapter, it just feel grim.
No girls. Only the MC alone. And he's not looking happy.

Dex-chan lover
I can feel sad for the fate of lil sister.
She is truly unfortunate.
But I'm not totally surprised.
I kinda see the author slowly trying to make us expect that she and also the queen will be one of the obstacle in fixing the rotten kingdom.
The author via Carol more or less already tell us, compared to her lil sister Dola is smart and have more positive quality.
It's obvious, she will be one of future obstacles.
She's probably bigger time bomb than some of witch family.
And we know that MC usually will not easily forgive most of his enemy.

But yes, I didn't expect author to kill her and queen. And some other major character too in the same arc.
It's really harsh.

Double-page supporter
I just found this series a couple days ago, and want to see it continue.

Instead, the scanslator goes to the publisher, says "Hi, I'll be your mugger this evening. Don't mind my knife in your gut. By the way, I live over there, and here is my phone number."

Disappointing to see it end so soon, but you did an awesome job!

Users who are viewing this thread