Hoshi Tsukai Selena - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - A doll, a vampire, and then a...

Dex-chan lover
Are we sure it got axed? And it wasn’t the author ending it?
Because I don‘t see how this kind of premise could get more than 3-5 volumes anyway. Or do you seriously think a story where they are looking for the other 44 stellar beasts in 44 mini-stories could actually be successful? Not even Pokemon did that lmao
The story premise is way too boring for any long-lived story.
Also, the fanservice really cheapens the story.

3 volumes are an appropriate length.

Dex-chan lover
Next chapter is the last, but the pace still isn't letting up. It didn't suddenly change gears to meet the axe. It's still running the same pace, business as usual.

Very saddened by the axe, but very impressed by the storytelling dignity ngl.

Though, to be fair, I think it's not exactly an axe, but a done deal to begin with. The stability of the pace got me thinking this for a bit, the chapter-premise distinction of each chapter felt too neat. The mangaka probably just left so many open plot threads and unused worldbuild elements by the time it ends to show to their publisher that hey, this manga works and people like it. They enjoyed reading it and also want some answers.

If people like it enough, who knows, maybe the publisher could be convinced to sit down on the table and negotiate with the mangaka to continue this. But, again, who knows, I guess.

Dex-chan lover
This shouldn't happen

For real shouldn't happen. This manga should run about 30-40 chapter. 14 is too damn short.... Seriously FUCK YOU PUBLISHER

Dex-chan lover
Are we sure it got axed? And it wasn’t the author ending it?
Because I don‘t see how this kind of premise could get more than 3-5 volumes anyway. Or do you seriously think a story where they are looking for the other 44 stellar beasts in 44 mini-stories could actually be successful? Not even Pokemon did that lmao
The story premise is way too boring for any long-lived story.
Also, the fanservice really cheapens the story.

3 volumes are an appropriate length.
Still 14 is too short, it can go at least 20 or 30 or so chapter. Also there been lot of romcom manga with similar one another and more boring premises that run for very long. Nisekoi, Osananajimi romance, rent GF. What I wanna say we never gonna know...

Users who are viewing this thread