Houkago Teibou Nisshi - Vol. 4 Ch. 23 - Dangerous Fish

Dex-chan lover
I googled sea mice(mouse) for this chapter. Can't believe it's edible...

Double-page supporter
I remember being pleasantly surprised when this episode aired. I spent a couple of months living with an ojí-san in Miyazaki in Kyushu, and we went fishing often. I've personally caught and/or eaten all the fish that was shown in that episode.

The weird thing is, even local Japanese will throw out an aigo if they catch them. The oji-san went around and collected them from other fishermen if they caught them. The sashimi was legit the best I've ever tried, it's buttery with a very smooth texture. I'm probably one of the only foreigners who've ever had aigo sashimi lol.

@Mitsu13
It's a chubby, furry looking polychaete worm. It really doesn't look particularly gross or creepy, and it certainly isn't scary looking.

Supporter
I see sea mice on the local beach all the time. Never knew their name until now.

I looked up this supposedly creepy sea mouse, they’re actually kind of cute in a weird way.

Dex-chan lover
@urishima Thank you for the description. I tried to google it and true, not scary at all. Maybe yes if seeing the real thing

Supporter
@acronus

dgz4Wqp.jpg

Nihonjin fucking love fish so much that I almost want to eat some but I shall refrain since I'm landlocked

Oh, I think I get it. The top part of a sea mouse looks really cool and fuzzy, but the underside looks like a huge cockroach millipede thing or something.

Group Leader
when they say dont google it. you should believe before regretting your own action.

Users who are viewing this thread