How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom - Vol. 6 Ch. 31 - An Encounter In The Streets of Van (1)

Dex-chan lover
@feha
Nah it's in the LN, but I thought it was later on in the story. Could be wrong on the timeline but It's definitely in there.

@Shakur *Looks up the official isekai SEAL job description* Nope, not rude, its right in there, "Mitigation of dangerous threats to the King." Goes with the job. Oh sweet, it even lists benefits. "Benefits include a countless supply of busty mermaid oneesans (or shotas, lolis, or beefy Oniichans, or whatever you're into, we don't judge here at the Isekai Navy SEALs.) and not having to do much when there is no war going on." I don't feel sorry for imaginary isekai Navy SEAL dude at all. In fact, I envy him.

@Mysteoa I'm sure the author does, still doesn't excuse how forced and lazy this "mystery" is.
I'm genuinely not sure how dialogues like that get past the editors.

Don't get me wrong I have no issue with the "mysteries" itself, what I have an issue with is how lazily its kept secret from us readers, while at the same time its thrown into our faces with "That time" "That time" "That time"

It feels like he doesn't know if he wants us to be in the dark about it or for us to know about it because he is trying to do both.

IDK, English isn't my first language so i hope i managed to get across what i mean.

P.S I did read this web novel when it was being first translated, I stopped only because the translator didn't update, it used to be one of my favorites (Together with RtW, Overlord, and WoC cuz all of them had "management" elements) So my ranting here is not because I dislike or hate the story it is quite the opposite its because I like it. (If I hate novel/manga or w/e i just drop it, I don't waste my time on complaining ranting about something i don't care)

Double-page supporter
@gameriuxlt if anything, we know that story building is not something the author is great at, so I don't expect much from subtleties in hinting mysteries. Just look at the entire plot up to now, this seemingly barely high school grad is some super genius who literally thinks better than people of the royal court who have been doing this all their lives, have had the best possible upbringings/trainings/teachings, etc. Somehow he's able to come up with ideas that no one ever thought of, despite being pretty simple things, and everyone else is dumbed down to mere simpletons in their thinking processes.

The action is great, story is well written, a rare Isekai I would say
8.5/10

I wish there's no harem tho

The romance is kinda lame, romance with main heroine is not done.. yet mc already move to others, thats kinda new for me, which is great

Mc is wise guy indeed but he's forcing himself, the heroine know it yet didn't do anything, but what to expect this manga is more about political issue (Imo)

*IMO

this manga has the advantage of being about politics from the start, unlike most other isekais which might have the mc start ruling a kingdom starting from ch20-50

so it feels less annoyingly pretentious

the guy also behaves less humble than the usual japanese protag's fake humbleness

they did have slavery magic items at one point but it seems forgotten by now

it's pretty ok, in the top 8/10 of isekais perhaps, but that's not much praise for the genre

@gameriuxlt In one of the volumes, in the Authors notes, he explained that he wasn't excepting to be serialized for long. That is why the first few volumes have different pacing and some lesser plot lines didn't make the cut. It will be explained after the war has ended. I'm not sure when it will be in the manga. I can always tell you if you message me.

the queen saying that time... to me says that she time leep... she is from the future.
like that mangas where the mc dies in the future and go back in time... she says like they isekai him in the future but it was to late...

people saying that the it is not good that the mc say things that the people in this world dont know about, but it is simple...
dude, if you explain basic economics to someone in the middle ages, there minds will explode... it is simple for you but for them is genius.

Dex-chan lover
This was a good chapter and oh juna has fallen in love with kazuya, noice!!

@Arlindo000 why are people assuming people from the middle-ages are dumb especially about economics id say they know that subject quite well given the fact stuff like the Hansa began in like the 1300s and id put this works period to be around there too, sure the MC can introduce some new ideas from the future but basic economics aint one of them

Fed-Kun's army
@NorakReal
i only read the official english LN and there're 5 so far
liscia, roroa, juna, aisha and naden (hasn't appeared in manga yet)
every new female character after them usually got married to one of his subordinate

Double-page supporter
I wish chapter could update more frequently, but, hey, I guess until the anime give popularity to it, it will not be a priority éwè !

Dex-chan lover
With regards to the idea that you should strategically hold back on speaking until the right time: do not take this as good advice in real life.

This is a bad idea. A terrible idea.

People have done studies on the advantage of speaking first in a debate or argument, whether it's in courtrooms, board meetings, or whatever. Speaking first is a huge advantage. I cannot overstate how big an advantage speaking first is. Don't underestimate it.

See Anchoring Bias

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter!
King and Queen definitely enjoying their retirement. Although the way they talk it's like they're on New Game+ or something. Poor Poncho, doesn't realize that he's hooked his future wife through her stomach yet. Just guessing but considering her personality and fondness for Poncho's cooking she's going to stake her claim on him and scare off any potential rivals. For a muscleheaded idiot Aisha is very astute in the strangest places. Juno definitely fallen for MC, although not sure if she has enough rank to marry a king as wife or would have to settle for being a mistress if their relationship gets that far. After all, as a king who needs to leave an heir in a world with a high mortality rate due to monsters, wars, and disease he'll have to have a few additional wives other than the princess. Although I don't know if princess would be main wife, other women from royalty and/or upper nobility women as subwives, and lower nobility/commoners as concubines or if only princess is main wife and all others considered mistresses or not. Anyone know? Sebastian definitely knows or suspects something from MC, otherwise wouldn't have phrased his question and answer way he did.

According to LN this really is their second run and not their first run. The Queen has a special magic that allows her to send all her memories along with those of someone else, (not sure if has to touch them or have a close relationship but not like can do a large group in a big area,) to her past self. Don't know if this alters time, creates an alternate timeline or whatever, or if something resolves paradox of doing something different than first time but it works. How deals with accumulation of memories several times that of her years is unknown also. For example, had several life experiences choosing strong husbands with things ending in war before sending memories back until finally chose current husband and things went well. As for "That time." was when MC was summoned, King made him a Prime Minister, but actions were curtailed or prevented by the corrupt and/or traitorous nobles so lost the war with Amidonia with MC and princess (who fell in love with him back then,) disappearing when Carmine's castle fell. Hence MC never was able to reach out for talented individuals or use the crystals for televising broadcasts and eventually was exiled to Carmine's castle due to unsubstantiated rumors from the nobles. So with the future memories the King and Queen made MC the king giving him more power and making it harder for nobles to interfere while only telling Carmine what happened. That's why Carmine staged a rebellion so could draw out all the corrupt nobles and have irrefutable evidence of their crimes so could remove them rather than continue weakening and destroying the kingdom from within while hiding behind their statuses.

Dex-chan lover
With regards to the idea that you should strategically hold back on speaking until the right time: do not take this as good advice in real life.

This is a bad idea. A terrible idea.

People have done studies on the advantage of speaking first in a debate or argument, whether it's in courtrooms, board meetings, or whatever. Speaking first is a huge advantage. I cannot overstate how big an advantage speaking first is. Don't underestimate it.

See Anchoring Bias
I suppose it might work if only bad ideas have been presented so far. The first good idea would then sound like a gift from heaven.

Users who are viewing this thread