How can we make the world better?

Aggregator gang
First, if you were God, or just a person with an ungodly amount of money, what changes would you make to the world (or humans) to make it better? Take into account the regressive tendencies of human cultures. Your goal should be to make a world that won't ever need a flood. Second, what can we as human beings, most of whom are poor and have little to no influence over regimes, do to make the world a better place?

Group Leader
5l8N5A.gif

oEhePj.gif

CreamyUnrulyGoitered-small.gif

c93.png

/thread.

Dex-chan lover
yes, quite the answer.
take away desire from humanity and the world is undeniably a better place

Dex-chan lover
When creating a 'perfect' world/society, one of the biggest problems in my mind is the direct relationship between freedom and suffering. To create a perfect world is arguably to create a world without suffering, yet humans cause others to suffer by merely existing. However, suffering is also a necessary part of life. Without enduring past hardships, we would be unprepared to face any future adversities.

The Axiom (the giant spaceship) in the movie WALL-E is a useful reference when considering what a subjectively 'optimal' amount of freedom (and, by extension, suffering) could resemble. Inside the Axiom lies a dystopian society in which humanity is catered to by a myriad of machines and A.I.'s. Not only do the people living in that society not wish for anything more, they can't even begin to fathom what 'more' (as in, something worth working towards) would look like; after all, when their entire lives consist of their immediate needs and desires being a button press away, why would they? In short, the inhabitants of the Axiom are given little-to-no freedom, yet, somewhat ironically, they are free from suffering as a result. While the Axiom is one example of what a 'low freedom, low suffering' society could look like, other examples exist, many of which are far more extreme.

Ultimately, a perfect world would require the removal of what makes us human in the first place.

I had more to type, but I went to the bathroom and lost my train of thought. Well, not like it matters I guess.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, you wouldn't want me as a god. Perhaps, in the beginning I'd attempt to do good, but then my rule would inevitably devolve into torturing people like I'm playing the sims.

Dex-chan lover
A simple answer,
difficult to implement,
but quite do-able.
https://youtu.be/y1ItbFIcGHk

Dex-chan lover
Yeah freedom is probs the only thing you have to keep up. Then all resources can be dedicated to humanitarian and R&D.

If humans can act as a hive mind, we won't act selfishly which causes an inequal Distribution of resources. Food and mediciene is not worth the transport costs usually. Packaging is also a massive waste but is required when consumables are transported. Some still send their rubbish to other countries to be poorly treated (eg. Burned or even just left alone). Supermarkets waste food rather than giving it to food trucks because of both economic, legal, safety issues

Everyone can also become vegans to not harm animals.

There will be no stocks, there will be no money, there will be no companies.

Basically peak impossible communism; which has all the problems associated with communism and you basically just need extreme authoritarian then you have dystopia where art and culture, leisure and rest don't exist, this leads unhappy people who like to revolt thus you need an army, meaning you have to give benefits to the army and those who control the army thus you need an unequal distribution of resources to satisfy those generals and boom you've become the benevolent dictator. Education also is reduced cause you don't need brains to produce goods + why who you get an education if it doesn't benefit you socially or financially? So Research and Development stagants meaning any country around you will start to get their big irons out and pat you on the head with it. Thus you need to dedicate more resources to the army to keep up; you take that money from citizens and humanitarian aid ofcourse cause thats where most of the money is. But oh scrap now the army is strong enough to over throw you at any time thus you need to throw lavish parties for them and get them corgis. Now the cotizens are even more upset because the elites have so much more than them and may collaborate with other countried to overthrow you. Now the generals who have Swiss accounts travel to the tropics with all the nice clothes and cars you bought them and ofcourse the corgis.

The capitalist/colonists/imperialist or whatever country is fine with inequality now take your country, your citizens resent them for not delivering on the promise of prosperity and have a larger me and them mentality which leads more selfishness and distrust of equality. Everyone then tries to get rich and powerful at the cost of others and Hooray some nice boy again thinks wow this world is horrid how can we fix it? But this time they will be more likely to fail even getting to a point where the can make changes cause the previous generation will make sure their nest keeps growing and no one can challenge them or pose a threat

See Rules for Rulers by GCP grey.

P.s War usually improves R&D, selflessness and reduce the number of consumers (by death and also losers are poor so at the cost of leisure an happiness they fix the economy really fast/unfortunately the winners breed lavish lifestyles and lazy idiots who have alot of babies (who think being basic is a personality; poverty is just people being lazy; and tax is the poor stealing their money) and don't care about the environment or the future spending all the resources on themselves cause they assume this lifestyle will last forever and bully smaller countries to keep that lifestyle leading to more animosity.)

Aggregator gang
@Colorfulsoy Just about every living thing that is capable of thought is prone to desire. Those that aren't consists largely of plants and microorganisms, and I don't think that's a coincidence. It's desire that's motivated us to come this far, but it's also what's pushing us back from progressing further as a society. If desire is acceleration then compassion is top speed and reason is control.

Dex-chan lover
@Pandascepter

THERE WILL BE NO BARTERING YOU SELFISH PIG, YOU WILL EAT WHAT I TELL YOU TO, WHEN I TELL YOU, THEN YOU WILL WORK UNTIL YOU PASS OUT; NOT A SECOND BEFORE THEN. YOU WILL HAVE NO POSSESSIONS OF YOUR OWN, EVERYTHING IS FOR THE GLORY OF THE STATE AND REMEMBER YOU BASTARD EVERYTHING YOU DO, WE WILL KNOW ABOUT, IF WE EVEN SUSPECT YOU OF TREASON; YOU AND YOUR WHOLE VILLAGE WILL BE SLAUGHTERED

@Nick_Asano
that's why i said it as a cliche thingy to say in the first place.

but you quote
First, if you were God, or just a person with an ungodly amount of money, what changes would you make to the world (or humans) to make it better? Take into account the regressive tendencies of human cultures. Your goal should be to make a world that won't ever need a flood. Second, what can we as human beings, most of whom are poor and have little to no influence over regimes, do to make the world a better place?
Also the reason i say it as a "desire."

Group Leader
ElOgoH2U8AAzYLu

Note : Bartering is not a selfish thing to do as long as the both party agree to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread