How do I filter out fake/spam/troll chapters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
Which field or route in the api can I use to filter out fake/spam/troll chapters? Their prevalence on the 4 days mars 31 through april 03 floods the chapter feed and causes UX issues (ie. missing real chapters due to assuming its fake or simply missing it when scrolling through it all, as well as simply slowing down the fetching as there are more items to fetch, which slows responsiveness).

Considering they are not removed after hours despite ppl for sure reporting them (since they go against md rules regarding fake/spam chapters), I have to resort to assuming that the uploaders tag them as such when uploading, as I otherwise don't see how else I could get rid of them - even clientside

Power Uploader
Cool. Now pay 10 dollars or leave.
FsLbqDqXoAA9eHS

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
since they go against md rules regarding fake/spam chapters

1.3.5: Joke or troll releases are not allowed, except on April 1st.
1.3.5.1: These releases will be collected and moved to a separate title page after April 1st has ended.

Dex-chan lover
1.3.5: Joke or troll releases are not allowed, except on April 1st.
Luckily it isn't april 1st everywhere (and no timezone was specified)
1.3.5.1: These releases will be collected and moved to a separate title page after April 1st has ended.
This rule in particular is why I figured it's likely that the uploaders checked some checkbox to flag it as a troll-chapter in the DB (which I then could use to filter out).

Dex-chan lover
Cool. Now pay 10 dollars or leave.
FsLbqDqXoAA9eHS
What? This comment confuses me in so many ways.
I guess I'll only ask 2 of my many questions: you are aware this is the api-devtalk subforum, yeah? And do you really consider a mere 2 paragraphs a wall of text?

Power Uploader
What? This comment confuses me in so many ways.
I guess I'll only ask 2 of my many questions: you are aware this is the api-devtalk subforum, yeah? And do you really consider a mere 2 paragraphs a wall of text?
Maybe get an orange tick first and then people would consider your opinion.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe get an orange tick first and then people would consider your opinion.
I literally have one. It says "thread owner" when I hover over it. Though I disagree with you, as I consider the opinion of non-OP's equally valid to mine.
Also, you forgot to actually answer the questions, despite quoting them yourself :facepalm:

Power Uploader
I literally have one. It says "thread owner" when I hover over it. Though I disagree with you, as I consider the opinion of non-OP's equally valid to mine.
I don't think you even deserve Orange just for not knowing what a 'tick' is.

Staff
Super Moderator
There is no flag. Giving people a flag to avoid April Fools chapters would defeat the entire purpose. They'll be cleared up tomorrow.

Dex-chan lover
There is no flag. Giving people a flag to avoid April Fools chapters would defeat the entire purpose. They'll be cleared up tomorrow.
So that didn't happen~
And yes, I am not serious with this post. Well technically what I said is true, but I really didn't expect someone to manage to collate and moderate (aka move) a hundred april fools chapters within the hour :D

ps: it wouldn't defeat the purpose, but cba to debate that point as you literally already answered the topic of the thread :) (which was why I already tagged the post as 'helpful' a couple hours back, and only returned because I realized date changed and that I could have some fun ^_^)

Staff
Super Moderator
So that didn't happen~
And yes, I am not serious with this post. Well technically what I said is true, but I really didn't expect someone to manage to collate and moderate (aka move) a hundred april fools chapters within the hour :D

ps: it wouldn't defeat the purpose, but cba to debate that point as you literally already answered the topic of the thread :) (which was why I already tagged the post as 'helpful' a couple hours back, and only returned because I realized date changed and that I could have some fun ^_^)
Timezones exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread