How do I know when I'm ready to start applying for WebDev jobs?

I went through a full stack boot camp about a year ago and have been working on projects and learning ever since. Some days I feel pretty good, most days I feel like an idiot.

My question is when should I start applying for jobs and how do I know if I'm actually ready?

Dex-chan lover
Always. Nothing lost (except a bit of your time) when you try. An opportunity lost when you don't try.

Well at least try to have a full page for your resume.

Dex-chan lover
There is a good number of people who get hired without doing projects and they mess up during their contract, so you're more prepared than those for sure.

Dex-chan lover
I start with POS and market my projects up until I get to work with Credit Systems.

There is no definitive answer to when you are ready to start applying for WebDev jobs, but here are some general guidelines that might help you:

• You have a solid grasp of the fundamentals of web development, such as HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and basic algorithms and data structures.
  • You have built some projects that showcase your skills and creativity, and you have deployed them online using platforms like GitHub Pages, Netlify, or Heroku.
  • You have a portfolio website that displays your projects, your resume, and your contact information.
  • You have practiced some common web development interview questions and challenges, such as coding a responsive layout, fetching data from an API, or implementing a CRUD app.
  • You have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new things and improve your skills.

If you meet most of these criteria, then you are probably ready to start applying for WebDev jobs. Good luck! 🍀

Dex-chan lover
If you already start wearing cat ear headphones and wearing a striped pink/black knee high stockings, you know in your soul you are ready.

Dex-chan lover
  • You have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new things and improve your skills.
  • Best answer from the list, as one programming language is created per year, the need to adapt is a must.
  • Web Development is also a work that can be done part-time, so best chase those contracts as working for an 8-5 job is already dead ( they are actually slave exploiters ).
  • Companies are EAGER to pull in novices because they cost dirt cheap. Companies avoid hiring managers recently because there are tools that can replace them.

When it comes to front-end gigs, you should consider throwing your hat in the ring once you've nailed HTML, CSS, and JavaScript and have whipped up a few legit websites.

Users who are viewing this thread