How Do We Relationship?

Fed-Kun's army
uh-ohh~ The volume cover. Muuh. Thanks to those spoilers, I wont be tempted to read this until it aint over. Hahah.

For those wondering, it’s been 100% confirmed via the SaD discord that this series will not continue to be fan translated (by them at least, though I’d suspect that this is the end of fan translations for the series as a whole due to the official release being up to 7 volumes). The fact they cut off right before a particularly spicy arc is unfortunate, but it continues to be a very raw and interesting read regardless (and the author notes indicate that the mess of it all was intended all along, something that’s very rare in this space)

I’m most surprised at how well paced all of the stuff that happens
after the two of them break up as it isn’t a clean break and involves both characters operating in ways that seem like they’d end up in a different type of relationship for the following volume.

I‘d still say that they are very worth reading as it is very unique to see a romance that works in this fashion but watch out lol

I liked the original, didn't find it to be bitter at all.

After all, love is hard. There's a lot of factors that go into a good relationship. Sometimes two people just don't click.

It's even harder when you've got a ~.1 multiplier on the number of potential partners. You might take the first chance you can get, and wind up with a bad match. It ended pretty well, all things considered. They weren't bad people, they still remained friends, and hey, they each got a wingwoman and a little bit of knowledge about themselves and eachother out of the bargain.
Is this not getting updated?

Double-page supporter
really really good definitely worth reading the official once you've finished here!!

volume 9 has come out on viz, and the agonizing wait for the next volume (though the simulpub is past volume 11!) is here.

would be very cool if the next one didn't take 6 months to come out... considering volume 10 has been out in japan for ~5 months

Supporter
man . . :fml: idk i hate this, :fml:
I really like when saeko makes miwa unable to live without her but after it, something really feels upside down, and wtf I have no idea why they move on so fast like nothing happened

Last edited:
If this is what you would consider "realistic" for relationships perhaps the institution of Romance was doomed from the start.
@Ghede oh, 100% I enjoyed the original as well and as far as relationships go it was realistic. When I agreed it was bittersweet and hoped it would change was just my preference and I would've liked to see them together but obviously like you said things don't always work out and there wasn't any unnecessary drama or bitter feelings between them so it was overall still good.

Dex-chan lover
After binge reading to ch 110

My emotions with this series swayed so much. I like the portrayal of the many different relationships. I am not sure if they are really "realistic" but they displayed characters who had realistic feelings. Each girl has their issues and they did their damnedest to work through them and figure things out. A lot of the time, that led to them breaking up. Each breakup was painful to read but each one was necessary.

I was thinking that maybe Sae and Miwa would get back together in the end with the revelation that Sae still has lingering feelings but I think that ship is gone. Sae and Yuria might be able to work things through but it's looking rocky. I was sad to see Miwa and Tamaki break up. I thought they were so good together but the difference in sex drives is no laughing matter. Their break up was necessary. I hope the Miwa finds out what she needs. She's gone through a lot of emotional damage in such a short time. She is in a bad spot right now with her dying sex drive. Though maybe this is what she needed so she could figure... something out? Idk but I want her and Tamaki to get back together. I hope Saeko can figure out what she wants to do in her life. It seems like that's the that's the last piece missing in the puzzle for her.

In the end, maybe not one is dating each other and they focus on self improvement? That would make a romance nut like me go crazy lol.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't know what's the point of this manga anymore, its slowly burning you and I'm not a masochist so I don't think I'm gonna stick up for the journey

For anyone looking at the comments to see if this is any good or not, it isnt. Unless you like idiot plot and annoying unlikeable characters with no interesting interactions.

Dex-chan lover

I had to drop this, I just couldn't take the heartbreak of them no longer being together.

Come back :glee:

Also to counter the peeps above me:

I actually really like this series, despite picking it up and dropping it like 4 times in the last few years lol. I think it's a privilege to be able to start now, because the manga is up to 122 chapters now, with like 6 years of plot, character growth, and development.

The first arc of this series is when the characters are young as 1st years in college-- youthful discoveries and problems make the series seem a little childish at first, but over the course of 3 in-story years, the characters grow and develop very organically and you see this in how they interact with other characters, with their issues and conflicts, and with their own self-awareness. Because of this, you might find the characters a bit frustrating and their issues or the way they deal with issues childish & somewhat annoying at first, but that's all because it comes with the price of being relatable lol.

Personally didn't see any unnecessary drama in these last 122 chapters, and resolution for the most part felt very natural. Chemistry between the cast is good too. Nothing forced imho.

Slow burn? Yes. Yes it is. That's why I dropped it the first time.
BUT! Now you can binge read it to the sweet-ish part. (as of this writing)

I honestly really like how this series has progressed, because after I gave it an up-to-date read through, I've actually given a lot more thought to my own relationships and experiences. This series somewhat feels like relationship therapy haha, and it can make you really self reflect when you see yourself in certain characters or situations.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread