How many years until AI takeover?

Group Leader
press-x-to-doubt-la-noire.jpg

that's precisely what a bot would say
dw im not a bot
oieR0xs.gif

gif credit to halo

while we are all human and still retain most of our humanity, there are rumors that haikubro aims to create, maybe even become, a haikubot in the future. will he succeed? only time will tell
Truly, Halo moment

Dex-chan lover
Artificial intelligence is just another scam marketing scheme.
The field of artificial intelligence is the pinnacle of the human narcissistic complex in science.
Applications based on various statistical models that attempt to represent “machine learning” are no more “artificial intelligent” than other applications, whatever that means.

The “AI revolution” of recent years that has led us to “unprecedented results” in public opinion is just the byproduct of a cool technique we invented to create less powerful statistical models than the one we already had 60 years ago but MUCH more efficient. Efficient enough to have some sort of practical use.

This will not be able to scale up on its own. "AI" will not "take over" without an actual breakthrough in creating a mathematical model for a truly general problem solver.
This future breakthrough could actually be an incremental result of the current statistical ML theory or it could be totally unrelated, meaning it could happen tomorrow or hundreds of years from now.

This is just my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
Artificial intelligence is just another scam marketing scheme.
The field of artificial intelligence is the pinnacle of the human narcissistic complex in science.
Applications based on various statistical models that attempt to represent “machine learning” are no more “artificial intelligent” than other applications, whatever that means.

The “AI revolution” of recent years that has led us to “unprecedented results” in public opinion is just the byproduct of a cool technique we invented to create less powerful statistical models than the one we already had 60 years ago but MUCH more efficient. Efficient enough to have some sort of practical use.

This will not be able to scale up on its own. "AI" will not "take over" without an actual breakthrough in creating a mathematical model for a truly general problem solver.
This future breakthrough could actually be an incremental result of the current statistical ML theory or it could be totally unrelated, meaning it could happen tomorrow or hundreds of years from now.

This is just my opinion.
Good breakdown on it: https://docseuss.medium.com/using-c...s-makes-you-unhireable-heres-why-d66d33e0ddb9

And yeah, the same people that said NFTs are the future are pretty much the same people hyping this scam up, although this time around the usual worst people in the world think it's a great thing because they can devalue labor and not have to pay anything to [checks notes] the people who actually make the things that make their company money.

Ironically they're the ones most easily replaced by the dunking bird of AI.

Not anytime soon. In the first place, "artificial intelligence" doesn't actually exist yet. People just call it that for well... reasons. It's just better machine learning and deep learning and neural networks and all that other things (idk I'm not in that field). But it's not intelligent. It can't do things an intelligent being can do. It can certainly help you, but it won't do it. Let's give an example. Let's give an example very dear to the hearts of most uni students I know: doing their assignments, mainly their essays. Chat GPT writes a very human-looking essay, for sure. But it's quite nonsensical most of the times. Give it a prompt of anything factual. Print it out. When you give it a quick glance, it all seems fine. However, when you read it, you'll realize very quickly that not everything is fact. It makes up facts, uses the wrong facts, or sometimes uses facts from some other topic entirely. This realization comes only when you are familiar with the topic.

Imagine having Chat GPT write a topic you know nothing of. You would never know if what is written is true or false. You can't trust the "AI" that what it tells you is correct. Because it doesn't know what is correct. Because it isn't intelligent. At the end of the day, you yourself need to fact check its workings. Some people I know spent 3-4 hours just fact checking the assignment they had Chat GPT do and at that point why not just write it yourself.

Basically, this "AI" will always need an expert to oversee what it is doing because you can't 100% trust something unintelligent for the jobs people say will be replaced by it. Someone out there probably worded this better than I did, go read that instead if I didn't convince you of this opinion

Dex-chan lover
Not anytime soon. In the first place, "artificial intelligence" doesn't actually exist yet. People just call it that for well... reasons. It's just better machine learning and deep learning and neural networks and all that other things (idk I'm not in that field). But it's not intelligent. It can't do things an intelligent being can do. It can certainly help you, but it won't do it. Let's give an example. Let's give an example very dear to the hearts of most uni students I know: doing their assignments, mainly their essays. Chat GPT writes a very human-looking essay, for sure. But it's quite nonsensical most of the times. Give it a prompt of anything factual. Print it out. When you give it a quick glance, it all seems fine. However, when you read it, you'll realize very quickly that not everything is fact. It makes up facts, uses the wrong facts, or sometimes uses facts from some other topic entirely. This realization comes only when you are familiar with the topic.

Imagine having Chat GPT write a topic you know nothing of. You would never know if what is written is true or false. You can't trust the "AI" that what it tells you is correct. Because it doesn't know what is correct. Because it isn't intelligent. At the end of the day, you yourself need to fact check its workings. Some people I know spent 3-4 hours just fact checking the assignment they had Chat GPT do and at that point why not just write it yourself.

Basically, this "AI" will always need an expert to oversee what it is doing because you can't 100% trust something unintelligent for the jobs people say will be replaced by it. Someone out there probably worded this better than I did, go read that instead if I didn't convince you of this opinion
The goal of the supporters of the scam isn't to replace people who have the skills. It's to pretend that since now they're using "AI" and "just" "checking it's work", they can be paid less. That's all it's ever been about, and why the CEOs of EA etc have a huge chubby over it and keep trying to make it a thing.

Dex-chan lover
i don't think ai is going to be the next big thing. its overhyphed and ive seen people discuss more about quantum computing than ai

Dex-chan lover
This is actually good news because the CEO price/market value/salary/net worth/backshot wage is just a confidence game, in the end if AI can replace a f***er they should have the same wage as a slave laborer. I want them to feel that their existence is actually a meaningless pitiful one. HELL, A STUDENT in HS CAN REPLACE THEM.

In the end this is the end of the CEO society, as their decision making skills are absolute SH*T. Might as well make a Homer character to be the generic CEO AI person.

PS: CEOs in the wartime environment are the first to be fragged, and that grenade is called AI.

Good breakdown on it: https://docseuss.medium.com/using-c...s-makes-you-unhireable-heres-why-d66d33e0ddb9

And yeah, the same people that said NFTs are the future are pretty much the same people hyping this scam up, although this time around the usual worst people in the world think it's a great thing because they can devalue labor and not have to pay anything to [checks notes] the people who actually make the things that make their company money.

Ironically they're the ones most easily replaced by the dunking bird of AI.

Dex-chan lover

True. The meanings of artificial and intelligence are actually POLAR opposites. The term is meant to be a fallacy. They should have named it as batch jobs or something.

im placing my bet for the AI takeover at like 5 years b/c its evolving so fast OML
i honestly wish it wouldnt happen because it could quite literally RUIN the economy if it takes over jobs that people would need degrees for
People who work jjobs at risk would have a degree for no reason and a bunch of college debt that they cant pay off without a higher income job. Hopefully they put serious regulations on AI where I am b/c im genuinely worried that jobs that require human creativity such as writing and making art will be bland from the AI version because its just taking from other places on the internet and combining it to make something of its own. Just my opinion!!! ^^

Double-page supporter
No IA Takeover during my lifetime. I'm pretty sure AI will have less effects on employment levels in the western world than remote work for the next 10 years.

Dex-chan lover
If AI takes charge, I'd be stoked to embrace it. And it'd be even sweeter if AI handles this translation gig, then sites like mangadex won't be needed anymore.
lol this dumb bitch can't wait until every scan reads like Google translate

Dex-chan lover
If AI takes charge, I'd be stoked to embrace it. And it'd be even sweeter if AI handles this translation gig, then sites like mangadex won't be needed anymore.
Sites like this just asks for donations while the AI will blatantly steal everything from you, once money becomes digital.

Users who are viewing this thread