How to Fight - Vol. 1 Ch. 73 - It's different on asphalt, after all.

Dex-chan lover
@Luky_o

Dude is a body builder, straight up muscle but no technique. He can fight but unless he is known to have studied a martial art, he can't keep up with those who have learned.IMO

Power Uploader
@Luky_o Not trying to find realism in this is the better way to go about HTF, but I think we can just point out that not having chiseled muscles isn't the same as being weak. Man-gi's been depicted as being fairly nimble throughout the series (he runs 30 km every day as part of his ssireum training), so we can assume that despite being fat, the muscles below the fat are actually strong.

What Wan-guk taught him were jabs, which are by definition a whip-like, extremely quick punch. I don't know whether one needs the arm muscles to be hypertrophied to pull them off, but the point of this fight was that Hyeok-soo, who was just a garden variety brawler running on experience and bulk, didn't have the trainin or skill to evade proper jabs. The assumption here is that Man-gi trained enough to be able to jab properly, and that a jab from someone of his size, if it lands, would be extremely destructive. After the first one threw Hyeok-soo off his balance, Man-gi didn't give him time to recover and launched a barrage.

It probably defies credibility anyway… like Hobin never fainting from taking punches from people much bigger than he.

The lesson i learn. No matter how is your body look like. In fight, technique is more important than body. Its only comic.. yea i know, i wont getting high expectation in real life when i fight. Lol

Double-page supporter
Wooo ManGi destroys

Also I'm glad Hwan Guk's employed

Thanks for the update Death Toll scans!

@Luky_o as other stated. ManGi isn't just fat. With fat you wouldn't be a champion at ssireum. He trains a lot. Remember that hoobin couldn't do nothing with it and when he says "you're light" states he has a lot of strength. And he was trained by that boxer dude who has amazing technique. Even if they have the same strength, ManGi destructive force with a jab well applied would be tremendous.

also, he lost in arm-wrestling because the bodybuilder also has technique. The thing that is highlighted here.

and is a comic. You can take some licenses. In lookism is less real and is the same universe. At least is not kengan ashura.

Dex-chan lover
bro hobin really won with a purple rank in jiu jitsu? dunno...

It’s great to see the other guys grow and Adapt as well as our mc and not be otps who are there just for Hobin to steal moves from

@Kendama Oh yeah!!!!!! I totally forgot about that. I just got excited from seeing the pink mask. 😅
That whole scenario was the huge nod to Pink Man instead of this lol., my bad! Also there's huge hope of them (Gyeoul and Wan-guk) helping out with Hobin's team too, I bet!
Thanks for reminding and noticing me, senpai!

I read almost all of your releases! Thanks for the amazing work and keep em up!! 😁

Users who are viewing this thread