How to Grill Our Love - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - First Breakfast Together

Dex-chan lover
this is seriously the kind of guy I wanna be when I grow up

he just knows random techniques for cooking and I love him

Dex-chan lover
Cooking for someone else is a form of love

This is a nice way to pass the years...

Dex-chan lover
Reminds me of this Chili Icecream I had back home in the Philippines...

@Calxyflos this is capitalism, using Tonikaku as a reference for a successful series. Basically just took the core of Tonikaku and added cooking. Even the MC and FMC have similar dispositions, and the FMC in both were the ones to suggest marriage. Theyre both kinda cool (as in not quite cold) characters where the men are upbeat and do the activities. Tonikaku is more balanced though, here the FMC feels like like a support character. She can't cook and doesn't say much except for what's necessary.

Dex-chan lover
Note: When cooking pancakes, the skillet method used does nothing for the fluffiness or texture of the pancakes. It's just as viable to cook it on the stove in a pan, and the fluffiness is determined by how skilled you are at cooking it.

For example, you want to have melted your butter already, then add in the eggs (after cooling it down, don't want the eggs to emulsify from the heat, adding in sugar now can lower the temp). Then you want to add in your milk after pre-heating the butter and pre-beating the eggs (in the butter). Then, you want to be generous with the baking powder, since that's what contributes to the fluffiness, not the skillet cooking "technique" my mans is using. Finally, the flour, and into the pan it goes.

While reading the second half of the chapter I played the song "I Do Adore", its just so cute

Dex-chan lover
Man, Im also soooo havin this exact expression readin this series
NHj179H_d.webp

So wholesomely fluffin cute

Thanks as always Black Cat for the translation!!

Last edited:
I may or may not have spent upwards of an hour in the spices section of a supermarket just today. Felt that line in my soul.

Users who are viewing this thread