How to Grill Our Love - Vol. 10 Ch. 83 - A Zesty Barbecue by the Sea!

Dex-chan lover
Please don't go into the ocean with contact lenses!
Why not? They work just fine in the pool and in lakes?

-

Anyway, I mostly came by to say that judging by the container that's maybe not "sake" but "cooking sake". (Worth checking up if you intend to replicate the recipe.)

jlm

Dex-chan lover
Why not? They work just fine in the pool and in lakes?

-

Anyway, I mostly came by to say that judging by the container that's maybe not "sake" but "cooking sake". (Worth checking up if you intend to replicate the recipe.)

I am not a doctor, but:

• Risk of infection
  • Risk of scratching your retina - if some tiny spec of sand get between your lens and eyeball
  • And also the salt itself can cause irritation with lenses on
btw, pools are the same on the infection part...

Dex-chan lover
I am not a doctor, but:

• Risk of infection
  • Risk of scratching your retina - if some tiny spec of sand get between your lens and eyeball
  • And also the salt itself can cause irritation with lenses on
btw, pools are the same on the infection part...
I'm just a layperson too - but one that has used (soft) lenses a lot while swimming, and I've had no problems with infections in pools or lakes, not managed to get sand beneath my lens and didn't experience particular irritation even when swimming in the mediterranean (which to my understanding is even saltier than your average ocean).

I can't speak for "hard" lenses though - nor would I suggest waiting until you are on the sandy beach to actually insert your lenses. Do that a bit earlier if possible.

jlm

Dex-chan lover
I'm just a layperson too - but one that has used (soft) lenses a lot while swimming, and I've had no problems with infections in pools or lakes, not managed to get sand beneath my lens and didn't experience particular irritation even when swimming in the mediterranean (which to my understanding is even saltier than your average ocean).

I can't speak for "hard" lenses though - nor would I suggest waiting until you are on the sandy beach to actually insert your lenses. Do that a bit earlier if possible.
You can check up what any doctor recommends... It's almost consent to not use lenses especially on the ocean. It is not guaranteed you will have troubles, but you would are rolling a dice every time.

Users who are viewing this thread