How'd You Discover MangaDex?

While I was randomly on a Reddit post about Dragon Ball, I saw MangaDex linked. And then I saw that MangaDex had high quality scans of all the chapters of Dragon Ball, compared to the terrible late 90s scans on every other site. And then I saw that Mangadex had high quality scans of all the series it had, and it quickly became my prefered site.

There are other perks to MangaDex, but the scan quality is my favorite part. Every series looks crisp on MangaDex.

Dex-chan lover
From the good grace of god translators's credit pages posting in Batoto back then. Thank you all scanlator group worldwide.

Group Leader
I was looking how to read Release That Witch. I saw the mangadex link, I didn't know much about MD back then, but then i accidentally went to the homepage... AND OH MY GOD THANK YOU FOR THAT ACCIDENT!

from another site that was pinching their material off your site. it could have been Mangafox, not sure.
I came here when I found that the other site was geoblocking some of my favourite manga

What you can learn from this topic?

- If MD is going to die someday, PLEASE don't Mangarock it and tell us in advance, enough to we be able to create another page and maybe even save the works from discontinued groups.

credit page on aggregator site (although I probably took a bit too long between learning about it and actually switching over)

Dex-chan lover
after manga rock went legit, i just googled manga sites and this one had a more appealing name so i went with this
edit: it had a more appealing name and user interface and was pretty easy to figure out

Dex-chan lover
Found it through a link to a manga I was looking for this sight had a translation better translation.

Double-page supporter
Found it by chance when google searching for "Free manga sites" before that, was using MangaRock but after that got poofed, migrated to Mangadex. 😄

I think there was a reddit post in r/manga saying that this site exists and I started using it

Long time ago though so i'm not really sure

Dex-chan lover
I dropped the tangerine I was eating onto my keyboard and as I was wiping off the juice I accidentally typed in mangadex.org

I wanted to read Dead Dead Demons De De De De Destruction, and then I found this website.

Foresaw Manga Rock's dead (supposedly in september) and started looking for another page. Sticked with the best looking and the found out MD was pretty good.

PS: MikuDex 4ever.

Edit: Also, love the idea of not stealing from scanlators or other pages.

Group Leader
someone asked me to translate something and recommended i use mangadex to upload releases because it was similar to batoto, which i used to use all the time

still prefer batoto's layout + community but this is as good as it gets in terms of manga reading websites i guess

I discovered Mangadex after the initial closing of Batoto. I frequently read during my day to day life, so to continue my current hobby I had to find another place to continue my reading. By looking up online for alternative manga reading websites, I discovered this. I'm glad I found this website as it introduced me to many different pieces of work and scanlations.

Thank you for being here for the community. For some people this website can be a place for someone to spend their spare time and for some it could be a place for business,but either way thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread