How'd You Discover MangaDex?

Like 90% of the peeps here, after batoto closed it got big on r/manga and I got interested. (I didn't use batoto though)

Dex-chan lover
After bato.to's impending shutdown, I started following some scanlation blogs and saved the text file of my follows. Wazawahi (guy translating Takizawa) mentioned that he'll upload on mangadex temporarily until a website out of all possible candidates established themselves. A bit later and the website had a feature to import follows from batoto via JSON file and providing high quality uploads, a dark theme which can't be beat aside from the slow loading due to the enormous influx of people which have been resolved fortunately.
I'm still surprised that someone took over the bato.to domain and made an it aggregator, if that isn't a sad fate, then I don't know what is.

Lurked around /a/ and they were having a discussion/shitposting about bato.to's shutdown and talked about mangadex being the next bato.to.

Dex-chan lover
Batoto forum
Someone was saying of wanting to make a new site and also saw it being mentioned int batoto discord.

I wanted to find where they translated a manga I was reading (it was on another site) so I looked for their reddit and found the link, it lead me to here.

I was reading a manga on another site & a person mentioned the chapter was messed up and dropped the site ?
I'm really loving the forums here?

At the time I joined mangadex it was the most recommended site on reddit, at least from what I could tell.

Bato.to was sold and reopened and just couldn't get used to the new terrible layout they chose. It just felt as if the site turned into another one of these other manga sites that just rips everything from other websites

Came here after a certain site went under maintenance "permanently"
Google around and found this place.

Users who are viewing this thread