I, a Level 9999 Blacksmith Who Was Told That "Blacksmithing Is Suitable for a Small Fry lololol" Was Expelled From the Guild, so I Changed My Job to …

Dex-chan lover
I know I am overthinking a brain dead fun series but the fact a guild can get this large and not care about logistics is pretty hard for me.

Having a blacksmith no matter how weak is just good why the fuck would they fire him it is just so stupid.

Even if the weapon shop is cheaper just being able to skip queue and get weapons and repair on a faster rate should be super valuable.

This part really ruins my immersion

I know I am overthinking a brain dead fun series but the fact a guild can get this large and not care about logistics is pretty hard for me.

Having a blacksmith no matter how weak is just good why the fuck would they fire him it is just so stupid.

Even if the weapon shop is cheaper just being able to skip queue and get weapons and repair on a faster rate should be super valuable.

You never dealt with management, eh?

Supporter
If this isn't axed in 10, i see it flying off the rails in 20
BTTF.gif

Dex-chan lover

I recall that this is a big part of how planned obsolescence started. Basically, rather than making durable watches, light bulbs, etc. they started making really cheap ones and saying they would repair them. With the price and time of repair for a cheap product compared to just buying a new one of that cheap product, people just started getting new ones and treating them as disposable. This made for regular sales sooooo....

TL;DR: this kinda bullshit is actually how our economy works now.

Double-page supporter
This is at best a exceedingly average example of "I'm under-appreciated but blatantly overpowered" which is a almost worthless power fantasy unto itself.
Would serve well as a good example of "it's not your skills, it's your circumstances" though. A lot of people need to learn to stop sticking to toxic workplaces, 'cause sticking around will not improve your life.

Dex-chan lover
Ok, ok...it's certainly true how some professions are not always valued ar getting the respect they deserve! But I don't expect that from persons who directly benefit from those professions! In antiquity the job of a bladesmith was extremely valued for obvious reasons!

Dex-chan lover
Ok, sure, he can craft powerful weapons and repair them. Is that it? It's like having 100 Repairs in Fallout; being able to craft weapons and maintain them. I don't see the appeal of the protag's skill.
By the way, it irks me that there's a "wwww" in the title. You don't need a "LOL" in a title, ffs.

Dex-chan lover
Ok, sure, he can craft powerful weapons and repair them. Is that it? It's like having 100 Repairs in Fallout; being able to craft weapons and maintain them. I don't see the appeal of the protag's skill.
By the way, it irks me that there's a "wwww" in the title. You don't need a "LOL" in a title, ffs.
There are crafts-centric adventure stories and games out there, and most of them are pretty good.
Some focus on using crafted equipment to get better materials and craft even better equipment.
Others focus more on business side of things and making customers happy through your creation.
The most high-powered ones have a high-tech MC revolutionize the world through advanced technology.

I recommend "Magi Craft Meister", "The Sacred Blacksmith", "Kanchigai no Atelier Meister" and "The Elf and the Hunter's Item Atelier" for an overview of the subgenre.

Users who are viewing this thread