I Am the Real One - Vol. 1 Ch. 28

I hope the author wont try to redeem him. That flew out the window when he murdered his own child for a stranger...

After reading more chapters with the dad I get the feeling there were misunderstandings between them even before she went back in time. To sum it up this father daughter pair is aggravating to no end.

I still don't feel bad for him either. He has way too much to make up to her before he wants to try and play at the dad role

Dex-chan lover
That's just his excuse. "I as the Grand Shit cannot show affection to my children," that's bullshit. Let's say it's a tradition, you don't have to follow it. Let's say it's because of your position, it also allows you to set some rules: say you will love your children, play with them and spend time with them... it's just his excuse towards his actions and even if it was a valid reason, it still doesn't mean he should be forgiven just for that.

@Senros yup. sure it sucks for him but he could have chosen to do away with that, ESPECIALLY since we see him doing exactly that in the previous timeline where he dotes and spoils that bitch, so clearly he was perfectly willing to do so, just not for our girl, to which i say fuck you.

@redrose i can't really see that happening considering he at no point attempted to stop her execution so...yea that doesn't really just go away. it's even more appalling when she went above and beyond just to please him, and he treats her like trash, even more so when this stranger shows up and says "lol i'm your real kid!" with no basis other than she looks similar to him (which frankly i would be calling highly suspicious if i were him.) and proceeds to dote on this rando. i can understand feeling the need to make up for lost time but at the expense of the child you shunned on the regular to begin with?

Y'all acting like he's the devil and deserve internal hell for what he did but simping on other dads and MLs that did similar things. The only difference is this time the author choose to highlight what he did instead of passing it off like the other manhwas.. it concerns me how easily people are to be manipulated from only one highlighted point of view.

I'm taking a neutral stand so far. I can understand why Keira misunderstood the Duke's intention and why her heart is closed off. But I also can see why the Duke chose to follow traditions such as throwing his cubs off the cliff for them to be independent. It's how he was brought up. With the expectations and responsibilities carried on his shoulder.. you can also see that side of him is similar to Keira of the past: to follow the rules, to be the perfect Duke for the country, to produce the perfect offsprings as his heirs for peace and protect his family's honour. But like how Keira is, he is also awkward when showing affections because he was not taught how to. Because of this, Cosette had the advantage because she knows how to handle the Duke with her high social skills and with how she infiltrated family, Cosette most likely know the Duke's weakness too.

Also, based on his reaction to his dream, shows he still cares about Keira, his daughter. There could also be some triggers or curse that affected his mental health and made his head lose some screws in the previous life.

So I'm not saying he shouldn't be paid for what he did but I'm sure there's more to this story than what it seems.

Tbh tho, if his only excuse for treating his child like shit is that it's because of tradition, I still can't accept it. It was so bad that her child even hurt herself just for attention and he didn't even come visit. Wtf. What kind of father are you to do that? And how the hell can you stomach killing the child you knew as your own up until some rando showed up?? Like, dude, you thought of this child as your own for 18 years but you can just let her be killed like nothing?? She didn't even do anything bad to you and she did all her best for everything she does to the point that she doesn't even know how to rest or have fun. The fuck's wrong with you?
If there's a reason for all of this, it better be a good reason and not some lame ass excuse that it's tradition. The Duke has a LOT of explaining and redemption to do before he's good enough.

he still had her killed so im like :|
but if story wants me to view him as "awkward loving dad who doesnt know how to express his feelings"...i guess i can pretend that makes sense

@Izznis Excuse you, but don't lump everyone into one single cliche. Can you actually point out a specific person or post in this particular thread that will back that claim of yours? I won't say such people don't exist, but for you to discount the hate he's receiving as something just because it was highlighted is not accurate. He's receiving it, because he deserves it. Nothing can excuse a grown adult from the fact he neglected his own child. Traditions and upbringing be dammed.

@Izznis, I still hate hate him. And besides, even if he cared about her, he pretended like he didnt. He basically 'didnt want to sacrifice' his pride for his own daughter. Didnt she say "I fell down the stairs just so my dad would mind me." She couldve DIED! And he still didnt come! Like, bro....he had the chance to visit her and talk it out with her. They could've had a happy ending! It was also his fault that his daughter died. Like, if he at least talked it out with her before that b*tch came, he would have more trust in his daughter and not love a b*tch that only stayed there for a few weeks! He didnt even care to think about what would happen if he decided to ignore his daughter. She couldve gone crazy, committ suicide, or like what her personality in her past life, a villainess. Also, if she got pregnant and had a child, woulnt she just treat her child the same way her father did? This is basically the dad's fault cus he was a nervous pussy cat that was too embarrassed and scared to tell his daughter 1 f*cking line "I care for u" if he said that, everything would change. But DUH. Ofc he didnt say that.

@CaShper, EXACTLY!! Ughhhhh

Dont "Oh. I care for my daughter. She shudnt marry a guy. Ew" me, u a**hole! You DO NOT have the right to care about youre daughter. Shut your d*mn mouth. Ugh. U r officially the most disgusting creature that has been on my screen. Not even trashta, trash emperor,(remaried empress) Beab*tch, (why Realiana ended up at the duke'd mansion) duck lips b*tch,(lady to queen) whore, (Iris, lady with smartphone. FL's sis) b*tch god (The black haired b*tch at the start of abandoned empress) and etc can compare to someone as sh*tty as u.

@LingLing40hrs1 based on your username, you should be practising 40hrs. a day. What are you doing here reading a manga and commenting? Go and play Flight of the Bumblebee in 30sec. or sonething 😂

Wait...so he never interfered with his children because of the neutrality of their family?? Dumb shit...I wonder what spell the blonde child used because he showed affection to her publicly because he never did before with his own childern
So I'm guess he did care but never showed it since he was more concern on the family image

Oops, dad was all Tsun and no Dere so his daughter thinks there was never any real substantial connection to begin with. Maybe if he bothered to say something, anything, about his feelings rather than being Tsun at all times things might actually improve, since I'm pretty sure even with all Kiera thinks she would still try to patch things up with him if he made an effort to connect with him.

But that would require he make an actual effort at communicating his feelings.

So it won't ever happen.

Nah fuck the dad. “I shouldn’t show affection to my children bc of tradition, wah.” They’re is no way he can say that and then smile when cosette came in saying he was his daughter. It’s probably some mind control bullshit or whatever, but they’re gonna have to ass pull that shit so hard.

Fed-Kun's army
i want to punch that father of hers so freaking bad and yelled at him how stupid he's acting .-.
then probably gonna get executed for it but totally worth it

Oh mon dieu, il faut aussi parler des tenues qui sont super bien dessinées dans ce webtoon. Surtout la robe qu'elle porte dans ce chapitre qui est vraiment magnifique 😍
The dress she's wearing in this chapter is really pretty 😍

Aggregator gang
Nope. Irredeemable. It's one thing to be cold, it's another thing to betray her when she needed you most and chose some stranger as your daughter and execute your real daughter. Irredeemable. Burn in hell without being able to do anything to fix anything. Burn, Duke.

Users who are viewing this thread