I Am the Real One - Vol. 1 Ch. 32

So I’m gonna guess
The dad was the other. Since they killed the saint or whatever once she died the country and everything fell to ruin. Realizing he killed his only actual daughter and the magician realizing they need her back, both agree to do the regress or spell and the dad gave her memories back in part because he was tormented by his terrible behavior and ahollery and couldn’t handle the memories. And that’s why the dad has those dreams. Because he’s a jerk.

Now it's getting serious and you can tell with everyone dropping their own theories as to what could've happened and who could've cast the spell.
But one thing is for sure that it was a huge ploy or else there is no way that other bitch would've been able to easily infiltrate the parvis house (maybe she had help from an enemy country that wanted to weaken this country by killing off its protection) or I could be overthinking this and the duke is just a major idiot who let some sus bitch infiltrate just coz she happens to have matching hair and eyes.

@ayushk222, I only realized it got serious when I saw your comment. My mindset is just:
"Ok, lets wait for the next chapters until we figure out who cast the spell. Im too lazy to think. So, just waiting is better" :>

@elinertia42 , is that a spoiler or a guess? Cus if that was a guess, next time, if u see a crack on her dad's face, thats probably just my screen thats cracked. :>

@ayushk222 matching hair, eyes, and the ability to communicate with spirits which is really the big thing considering our MC couldn't yet at the time.
--
But yes, I agree, it was probably her father. Hence the weird memories cropping up via dreams and all. Time magic is different and not well understood, so it wouldn't be odd if that was a side effect of the spell

I don't understand the caginess in this situation. He knew her, told and showed her her controls time. Knowing you're working on limited time you'd think she'd be a bit more forthcoming with what lead up to her execution.

Why is everyone saying the dad is the other person? Literally makes no sense why he would decide to give Kiera the memories when he could keep his own memories to stop the fake coming into the house. It seems more likely to be the brother but idk.

Double-page supporter
So like most people, I guess it's the father that was the second person (since he's shown remembering bits and pieces while dreaming, possible lingering effects of the magic). It's also reasonable why he would choose for her to remember instead of remembering himself.

The key point to remember is that the world would go to ruin without the saintess. Also, the consequences have to be grave enough for the magician to agree to turn back time, since he personally can't take advantage of doing it without relying on a second person to fill him in on the details of what happened. I personally believe Cosette is an agent of the demons sent specifically to eliminate the saintess, with others working from the shadows to lower public opinion of Keira and demand her execution despite her not having commited any crimes. So after she is executed, the kingdom falls to ruin. This gives the sorcerer the motive to turn back time. Still, he needs someone to send back who has the power to prevent what happened.

Now, it should be obvious to everyone that Keira was the real saintess after she was executed. But how can someone sent back in time convince everyone that Cosette is the fake? Remember that Cosette was able to outmaneuver Keira, and also ingratiate herself with high society and had the support of whoever wanted Keira dead. Some random person accusing her would have been swiftly dealt with. The obvious person to send back is the one with the most authority, her father. If he remembers the future, he can simply change how he acts, not execute Keira, imprison Cosette, find the people who supported her, and unravel the whole conspiracy. He knows everything that happened after the execution, so he would know exactly where to strike, and as the duke he has the means to do it. If anyone should remember the future, it is him.

But, he is a coward and an idiot. He probably couldn't stand the guilt of having executed his own daughter, the one who struggled for his affection for 18 years, after falling for the lies of the fake he knew for about three months. The thing he wanted most was to forget his own failures. So, like the coward he is, he shifted the responsibility on to his daughter. He basically risked the future repeating itself, just to spare himself the grief. And he handed over the grief of being executed, and the responsibility of avoiding that future again, over to his daughter. Who wouldn't know what happened after her execution, wouldn't know about the pact with the sorcerer, and would generally just be extremely confused, hurt, and terrified.

Anyone else would have chosen for the duke to remember, because that solved the situation immediately. Making Keira remember just means that the victim of the conspiracy, who fell for it the first time around, must now unravel the conspiracy while being targeted by it. The only person who would choose to have Keira remember is her father, since he is the only person who would want to forget the future.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I really think it was her father who preserved her memories and turned back time. He must have known that the other girl's a lying hoe

@yannickq as was mentioned in a chapter that those probably weren't spirits but actually illusions. If we go with the theory that she has some sort of powerful backing then getting a magician that is very skilled at illusion magic wouldn't be a big deal

So it looks like the other person is the father (because he's a coward and didn't want to go himself), or possibly the brother (because he couldn't stop what was going to happen if he went himself). Is there anyone else who was close to the mage in the other timeline? I don't think his sister was involved with the MC there, and Joseph has no reason to know the mage....

Is this athy and Lucas descendent ? I mean of it's time magic+ Tower then it's oblivious, but his eyes are not jeweled...

Users who are viewing this thread