I Am the Real One - Vol. 1 Ch. 37

Dex-chan lover
@Rangetrout

About the memories
IIRC from some spoiler I read the reason why the Duke didn't get the memories was because the spirits messed with the spell as they saw him as trash who didn't deserve a second chance so they gave the memories to Keira instead.

that stupid piece of father is unredeemable. No matter what his nation is, he's still unforgivable

I think her father was the one who cast the time travel spell because it was said that the caster is bound to forget their memories.

I guess I still can't buy this whole 'fake' daughter 'real' daughter business that they're trying to sell. Like, obviously we know Cosette is a scammer, but they're presenting it like she's the grand duke's first daughter who is the spirit user, and so that means Kiera is not the spirit user AND also isn't the grand duke's biological daughter. My understanding of the prophecy is that it just said there would only be one spirit user (and that's part of the central mystery since there seems to be two), but I don't remember anything about it saying there would be only one daughter. It seems like it would be so much easier to believe (as a bystander) that Cosette is just the first daughter and Kiera the second, rather than believing that if one is real the other must be fake. I know that the original story needs people to believe Kiera is fake to justify her treason execution, but it just seems like such a stretch. 😖

Double-page supporter
@Podi125

Nah. Technically speaking she's living her second life after the first one failed so everything did happen, albeit in a different timeline now. Doesn't change her father is a POS for neglecting his children though

@Rangetrout

wow. Just wow. That ending blows. Any chance this webtoon will deviate from the novel?

Supporter
I think if Kiera had managed the spirit side once on her own before the loopback, she'd have more confidence.

I don't think she really emotionally is fully convinced she is the real spirit user and isn't sure how to confront Cosette.

Also thanks for translating

Fed-Kun's army
...for once I'd like to see where the returner is able to launch the counter assault even before their enemy appears. Instead of the MC being on the defensive they take every thing the nemesis has and bring it all crashing to the ground and by the time nemesis realizes in the end they never had a (CENSORED) chance...💀

I wish there was some reasonable explanation as to why the Duke was trash in the first timeline. He’s definitely not a great dad now, but he doesn’t seem likely to execute his daughter. That’s wild.

Not a spoiler just super speculative, but was he not brainwashed or something? I’m convinced he worked with the magician to do the time travel spell, which might mean that he has fragmented memories of what happened before without truly understanding the purpose. I mean, the reason why he looked so shook when the girl repeated herself is that this is the first time an event happened in sequence like that. Like a really bad case of deja vu. MC has been doing a lot of things differently up till now so he may have thought things were odd but nothing as specific as this.

Also, I think they are both his daughters. Rather than worrying about who gets magical powers or not he should really try to investigate if she’s after his big money. Lol

Another reason why I think he had some brainwashing spell over him because he did not seem to be the least bit concerned about her scamming him either financially nor supernaturally, even though he had every reason to be cautious. Family from dead ex-wife shows up and...nothing? Weird.

Thank you for the SPOILERS guys! ♥️♥️♥️♥️ I was hoping someone could spoil me about the ending.
Hoping the webtoon doesn't really follow the novel. "Romance" is tagged in this webtoon after all. Would love it so much if the Duke has a change of heart unlike in the novel.

It's been a while since I read this but is the blond girl (forgot their names lol) the blood daughter, even if it's half or illegitimate? Or is that part of the mystery, to see where she could have possibly gotten her powers, since by her own words she's implying she's not blood related in any way? and concerning dad and mc
I don't know if I read it in a comment somewhere or if I'm mixing webtoons up, but I think someone said (or speculated) that someone rewound time and they could either pick themselves or another person to remember what happened and people seem to think that the dad was the one who wanted to rewind time and chose his daughter to remember so that's why he has these weird deja-vu style moments

Fed-Kun's army
@scarlet_summer Ye everything did happen, but the current Duke isn't the one who is responsible for it. He is still a POS for being neglectful though, he's just not a POS for executing his daughter, since he hasn't done it.

Users who are viewing this thread