I Asked My First Girlfriend Why She Went Out with Me - Ch. 21 - First time hitting the beach with a girlfriend who is dating an useless person.

Group Leader
Waitaminute

Uh ? Did the translator screw up and there's one negation too many here ? Or is she seriously telling him he's only allowed to look at other girls (and not allowed to look at her I imagine) as a punishment game ?
Yes, it's legitimately what she said, you can check in the raw.

spotty translation
If you are able tell me to what is, or what you think is wrong with my translation, please feel free to, I always appreciate feedback.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yes, it's legitimately what she said, you can check in the raw.
Thanks for the clarification. Although, looking at other comments, I guarantee that most people completely misread the text and assumed she told him he would get punished if he looked at another girl one more time.

I think in these situations it would help to put a translator note highlighting that you didn't make an absent minded mistake and that, indeed, she just made a demand that was really out there. Plus, it can help in getting a few more eyeballs on the raws in situations where you're not 100% sure of yourself. Not mine though, I'm completely inept at parsing this language.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the clarification. Although, looking at other comments, I guarantee that most people completely misread the text and assumed she told him he would get punished if he looked at another girl one more time.

I think in these situations it would help to put a translator note highlighting that you didn't make an absent minded mistake and that, indeed, she just made a demand that was really out there. Plus, it can help in getting a few more eyeballs on the raws in situations where you're not 100% sure of yourself. Not mine though, I'm completely inept at parsing this language.
I think people just didn't read properly. They probably just glossed over what she actually said (and instead assumed what she said). Maybe the note would have forced them to read it more clearly though.

Fed-Kun's army

Imagine asking for a scanlator to give you a grammar lesson instead of just reading the words on the page 💀

Users who are viewing this thread