I Asked My First Girlfriend Why She Went Out with Me - Ch. 5 - The train ride home with the girlfriend who is dating a useless person.

Dex-chan lover
Does that mean if he were to get rid of his flaws, she would dump him?
True; but at the same time, he'd be able to gain the confidence to find another girlfriend.....

So she's either the best girlfriend he can have.... or he improves after dating her and gets a nicer girl.... though probably not as hot...

But either way, it's an almost winning situation....

And we say this girl is a jerk... but is she really??? What if she's just being honest??? Her fetish is guys who'd be unable to ever get a girlfriend???

We are assuming she's a jerk because she's honest... but is it really her being cruel if it's just honestly??? Sometimes, the truth can be cruel.

Dex-chan lover
Sounds like she's a sadist who enjoys emotionally hurting others. The question is; whether or not the MC is a masochist who's enjoying it?

Dex-chan lover
She's definitely sitting in front of a dimly-lit window and looking up. It's not the restaurant from before, it doesn't look like public transit. Could it be at one of their homes?

Hmm, next to her could be a person's arm, though. Hmmm.
The title of the chapter is:

The train ride home with the girlfriend who is dating a useless person.​

Dex-chan lover
I'm not a prideful dude... But I'd rather stay single than let someone like this into my life tbh.
This. Almost no one manga says that being single is fine. You MUST have a girlfriend, 100 useless people mistakenly called friends in japanese mangas or you won't be a complete person.

True; but at the same time, he'd be able to gain the confidence to find another girlfriend.....
If author will turn the plot in such direction it would be straight generic and boring. One more motivational shit, huh... Normal people end such toxic relationship very quickly. Weak-willed, with low self-esteem persons usually let them to continue for a long time. Also fmc gives a strong impression what she wants to support this relationship as long as possible.

Dex-chan lover
I hereby to call the reader a big masochist.
Congratulation, you have unlocked new fetish.

Dex-chan lover
both the girl and the MC are trash.

i think the spin here is making the girl very accepting of a guy's flaws. but this is exaggerated to the point where she's enabling incompetence.

worse is that i think there are guys who would be happy in that situation. either guys are so horny they're happy to be near a girl who looks nice, or they're so desperate for affection they'll take the little drips a girl might squeeze out for him.

Group Leader

So she's either the best girlfriend he can have.... or he improves after dating her and gets a nicer girl.... though probably not as hot...

But either way, it's an almost winning situation....

And we say this girl is a jerk... but is she really??? What if she's just being honest??? Her fetish is guys who'd be unable to ever get a girlfriend???

We are assuming she's a jerk because she's honest... but is it really her being cruel if it's just honestly??? Sometimes, the truth can be cruel.
I know it's a manga, but I can't rationalize such pettiness (is that the right word).

Dex-chan lover
I know it's a manga, but I can't rationalize such pettiness (is that the right word).
But here is the thing... is it wrong to be honest??? She's with him because he doesn't have redeeming features as a boyfriend... if that's true, then he's lucky that he's her type.

It's not being an S... it's just being honest

I can't quite understand the composition of the picture? Where are they? Is she sittng? Or is she...standing over POV-kun?
They're at the train. She's sitting, Mc is the one who's standing. You can see there are two people sitting beside her as well.

Users who are viewing this thread