I Became a Legend a Decade Later After Telling My Comrades to Leave Everything to Me and Retreat First - Vol. 1 Ch. 2.2

Double-page supporter
@RetahSretah but they weren't just 2 random guys they were 2 childhood friends from the same village that grew up protecting that village and wanted to become adventurers to help protect other villages like theirs. that is already a really decent start to a good plot hook. the author just went nowhere with it. he could have just as easily expanded on the simple backstory he wrote or even made them brothers. there is no reason to change the gender other than throwing in some kinda 'bad end' scenario or adding to the MC's already large pool of female companions.

I'm not saying this is a bad turn of events, just unnecessary.

Double-page supporter
siblings: Our village always get attacked
Goblin Slayer: I see
siblings: Btw did we mention it waa Gobl-
Goblin Slayer-san: Say no more fam

@PotatoZero Is that so? Then I guess she may have overstepped her bounds a bit, though I guess she didn't technically refuse him as much as just stalled him and then jumped at the opportunity to accept when there was a party. Either way, thanks for the clarification, looks like at the very least looks like some of my assumptions about her job were mistaken!

Dex-chan lover
It was two guys that wanted Lock in their party. Oh well, standard cliche deals.

@traveling_chef

Agree, it was two boys that wanted to do subjugation quests for farmlands because they too are farm boys.

@traveling_chef You know there's a lot of plot possibility concerning sibling with different gender characters that can't be used by 2 male childhood friend characters. Then again they won't change it if they don't think it's necessary for future progression. More so, this manga is based of the LN with a lot more thinking and consideration rather than the more free WN. A lot of WN readers always calling a change in the LN unnecessary before they even try to look if it's really unnecessary. There's a lot of author who decide to restarting his story after he considering a different approach that will make it better even if it's only to put one new character in the first chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Legit just two Goblin Slayer siblings. I love them already.

Let the memes commence!

@traveling_chef That's simply because you're not yet to see what this change will do to the story. And no one can judge this as pointless before that really happen, because that's just the same as judging a book by it's cover.

Double-page supporter
@RetahSretah except more has come out and it has followed the original novel completely except for changing these two. so, pointless.

it's fine if you disagree with me, you see it one way and I (and a few others) see it another. that's just how the world works, we can have differing opinions.

@traveling_chef It's not about agree or disagree. You just assuming a character is pointless the moment they appear in a clearly different version of story. And who tf saying the change will be that fast. The two guys in the novel don't really have a significant role concerning their relationship as childhood friend even after a lot of chapter. I'm saying that it's possible they will have more important role in the future now that they're a sibling with different gender. See that? Future. Posibbility. A change is not always about the present but can also about the future.

Double-page supporter
@RetahSretah it is about agreeing or disagreeing. we are doing it right now.

you believe in the future possibility of this change making the characters more important.

I believe the change has done nothing and won't change anything in the story what so ever.

Do you disagree with me? yes?

if you don't agree with me, that the change is pointless, then congrats you are disagreeing with me.

I don't agree with your opinion, that making them siblings will change anything about the story at all. at any point, future or otherwise

you don't agree with my opinion that the change was completely arbitrary and pointless.

hence we are in disagreement with one another.

DISAGREEMENT:
noun: disagreement; plural noun: disagreements

lack of consensus or approval.
"there was some disagreement about the details"
synonyms: dissent, lack of agreement, difference of opinion, dispute

we are not in consensus about our opinions about this change in this manga, hence we do not agree but in fact disagree.
still, don't get it?

I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm saying I don't agree with you.
if this leads to a change in the future then, HUZZAH!
if it doesn't lead to a change then, business as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread