I Belong to House Castiello - Ch. 50

@Siquall uhhh sorry if it makes you upset
but yeah i am not okay with age gaps that are nearly a decade apart. i am in my twenties myself and the fact that someone who is older than me would date someone who is high school age, yeah thats gross and the only people who do that in reality 100% know what theyre doing and are very good at emotionally manipulating children by spouting that 'age is just a number' bullshit. especially when considering how close the characters are, thats like prime situation to groom a child. the point is that this fluffy webcomic is not going to address how wrong an age gap like that is but will instead portray it positively, further reinforcing the idea to young girls that older men approaching them is okay instead of a red flag. this aint really the place to go super far into this topic but. sorry if this topic has hit close to home, i sincerely hope your friends are alright.

Contributor
@fykle

the point is that this fluffy webcomic is not going to address how wrong an age gap like that is
Because it's not really wrong actually, especially not in story with this setting.
It's not the actual world here, but a world in the 18th century (i think ?), it was very common to be engaged already at 14 or 15 y old (or even before), humans life was not as long as it is now.
If it was a story in the modern world (like the infamous Usagi drop ) , i could understand easily why people don't like it, but not here, especially not with such a weak age-gap. It's only 6-7 y old, not 20

Anyway, it was obvious Emil was
the male lead
, you just had to watch the original story cover, or the official Manhwa pic :
70259525_2422896208036951_6189402289918665067_n.jpg

68817935_2226917070752391_4930608045657313468_n.jpg

resource

Fed-Kun's army
@Siquall oh my gosh that cover art is so great. I would have loved to see an entire series in that style, but it probably takes forever to paint/draw.

Aggregator gang
EMIEL MY BOY I KNEW IT HE'S THE KEY! T-T I LITERALLY SCREECHED
MILADY WELCOME BACK!!!! (I'm way too emotional lmao)
I've been wondering though, what the heck happened to her brother? Last time, he was killing some bitches.

Aggregator gang
Estelle, WELCOME BACK MY LITTLE RAY OF SUNSHINE! Aww I was so sad seeing her like that.
It's so beautiful that she couldn't find a way back herself but was able to for Emiel's sake!

Fed-Kun's army
That was unfulfilling. Straight from quite likely suicidal to back to normal in seconds.

@Mira995 on toonkor I opened it from pinterest. And there's a discussion room and we spoil some stuff from the novel there lol. Just google novel discussion I belong to house Castiello.

@DerpySausage Estelle wasn't actually suicidal apparently, she was stuck in a state that basically isolated herself from her body, which only responded to pain. So, since her body only responded to pain, she thought she had to go through pain to come back.

Grow up fast, Estelle 😆😆
So I can ship you with Emiel without feeling guilty 😂😂

It will be different if she was already in her 17+ and had such sweet interaction with her knight, right?

I agree that the author/artist kind of portrayed her getting "fixed" a bit too fast.. but when I think about it more it kind of makes sense.
Since pain is the only thing that brings her back to reality, maybe the only thing that hurts enough is seeing her own loved ones in pain? Personally I find that seeing someone I care about sad is a million times more painful than any bodily injury that could happen.
But I'm probably just over-analyzing, as usual

For people wondering about the age gap between Emiel and Estelle, he's 18 and she just turned 11 or 12 I think. So in those years the gap seems big but in adulthood won't be a big deal.

Contributor
Ah, dang it, I was shipping the siscon brother hahahaha!

But yeah, I can't count how many times I scrolled back and forth the balcony catch scene. Sighhhhh! <3

Fed-Kun's army
aaaaah i missed the update for ch 49 but i'm so glad because i got to read that and her snapping out of it in one go saflkjdfsljk ESTELLE!!! AND HER PAPA OH MY GOD MY HEART aflkjfklj i can't wait for her to reunited with her bro too, he was so messed up;;;

thanks for the translation!!!

Dex-chan lover
@fykle lmao dude you might be in your 20s but you still have the mentality of a child. The more you age, the less age gaps matter.

My uncle was 21 years older than my aunt. Of course, they didn't start dating until she was like, almost 30 and both were already divorced from their first marriage, but you see my point: Clearly, my aunt was old enough to date a man of any age. Oh, and they were very happily married for 30 years after that.

As far as the people in the story, when she's like, 17 he'll be 24-ish? And this isn't modern day or anything. I can't see anything wrong with that. Also as far as power dynamics, she's literally his employer. If anything, the power dynamic is in HER favor, not his.

Dex-chan lover
jesus christ, good thing I waited till 50 chapter to read all of it.

@fykle
uh... chill, theyre not even dating and he has never made a move on her. literally nothing has happened, everything is still platonic. btw, even if estelle is interested in him, isn't normal? when I was a kid I had crushes on adult men, it's not wrong.

@siquall
holy crap that's some gorgeous art right there, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread