I Belong to House Castiello - Ch. 70

Is emiel the ML...? I can't really agree with that :( feels kinda strange because they met when she was a literal child and he was already in his 20s

Dex-chan lover
How does she not know what jealousy is when she's technically in her 30s or something. this is supposed to be an isekia but they might as well remove that tag she hasn't done anything aside from be put into a bunch of forced scenes with Emil. None of her previous life's knowledge comes into play in any major way

Dex-chan lover
@JWChibi She doesn't know because she doesn't know. The isekai stuff is utterly irrelevant in the story. It hasn't shaped her personality in the slightest and there's exactly a single instance of her putting the previous life's information to any use, which happened when the wizard was experimenting on her. Otherwise this story concentrates on human relationships (and Estelle being cute) so heavily that she doesn't even try to use modern technology, science, or anything to better the world, like would happen in many isekai. It's probably because she's been living in absolute luxury ever since the duke took her in. Nothing is expected from her, yet she can have everything. Such circumstances don't really foster... anything. It also explains why she still acts like a child.

Dex-chan lover
@JWChibi The Life that is Estelle consumed her previous self. All that's left of her previous self is knowledge that's useful at certain times but could only be applied in stressful situations. This isn't the story of someone reincarnating into another world as a noble daughter and taking that daughter over, but the story of a noble daughter surrounded by love with the knowledge that she lived previously and but still developing and retaining her own personality.

I loved this comic before the timeskip. Just cannot get used to the ML wtf he is more like a brother and protector than a love interest. Dropped. :(

I read many comments up until now and I noticed I'm not the only one having mitigated feelings about where the story and its plot are going.

Primo, I have nothing against the main ship, it's the way it's brought and developed that's disturbing, irritating me. Instead of slowly bringing it to light, it's being pushed as if the author feared lack of space and time. Usually, when presenting the ML, it's better to start with small cute interactions between the two leads, unfortunately the only actions as such happened when Estelle was 12 and it just felt wrong to think of them as proof of their mutual love. Instead, key information about the ship is flung at us without warning, and we suddenly have to accommodate ourselves with the idea that a puerile teen Estelle is in love with her bodyguard.

Secundo, I just don't like the way she's acting. She's not a child anymore, still she's acting like one, at 16 y/o. I'm younger than her, yet I have more awareness than her. Besides, if she remembers her previous life, shouldn't she be full-fledged by now? If anything, she's more childish than 4 years afore!

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@I_need_a_break
The reincartation thing like literally plays no point in the story, it was metioned maybe twice, and both times it was pretty irrelevant, also, apparently this reincarnation comes with 0 conscience of the past life, meaning that only vague memories are kept, thus a new personality different from the "original" is formed. That is why she acts so childish since the begining, its an entirely new person.

Aggregator gang
I have agree that so far the reincarnation aspect has played zero purpose and has definitely detracted from the story. There's just too much in the story where you want to go 'she has to know better than this'

So this is why my friend dropped this series.... it's really abrupt and feel out of place. They have no special moments together and suddenly she is in love with him? Hope it's just something similar to imprinting and she will realize it soon. Hard to support this pairing. So far I just feel it's full of cringe. I can't feel the chemistry between them.....

Am confused, so Emiel is really the ML here? I noticed a few scenes but I didn't think they would take it seriously...and now it just feels like it's going too fast. There's no realization or anything and idek bruv. Weird flow going on here

Aggregator gang
Why does the first couple of panels feel so incomplete??? It's so abrupt and out of place/rushed??? Who was the editor??? 😭😭

Dex-chan lover
the pacing is so weird and the heroine seems to have stayed the same even after time skip. i was excited about the time skip since i thought she'd grown a bit but that's not the case. i get that they were isolated but... i really hope there's some character progression in the future. there were so many opportunities for it but it still hasn't happened

this story honestly had so much potential but i feel like it's going off tracks

I think the problem with this webtoon is the way they jump from one thing to another. Sometimes it feels as if some pages are missing. Or that we have been unaware of skipping a chapter or two. The pacing is all over the place.

I actually had the inkling that Emiel is the ML for a longer time now. He had so much screentime - and there were so many hints about his character, past, personal thoughts and also the time and time again where he was the closest to her (apart from her brother and father).

I think it is natural for her to fall for him - she practically grew up with him as the closest male companion that isn’t a family member. Also, he has many traits similar to the two most important men in her life. And it is psychologically proven that people either seek for someone similar to their parent (if they have a good relationship) or someone completely opposite (if the relationship is bad).

Since Emiel was someone who time and time again swear his oath to her - that he would even use up his life to protect her and also be with her forever - sometime not even a lover would dare say - it is normal for a angst-stricken teenager to fall in love with such words and behaviour (remember, the dark knight was the most well behaved and protective in front of her - enough for others to notice and even get jealous over, e.g. Roy). Their relationship was really deep - it’s just that we as readers haven’t gotten much time to see that because there were so many side characters coming and going and all those unimportant but relationship-deepening scenes happened only with her family. Although I think that Emiel had his fair share of time with her - as he was not family - it looked kinda cringe-ish because he wasn’t family and she was a child.

Remember that many little girls have a crush on older males - that if it was reciprocated would have been a crime (liking the older brother’s best friend, liking the uncle next door, liking the teacher, having a crush on dad - last one is really cringing but we’ve seen so many “Daddy’s Princess” story now, haven’t we).

I think it is not unnormal for Estelle to have feelings towards her knight - I even think it was inevitable for her to have feelings and that now that she grew up those feelings are beginning to take roots. And that her slight interest and ‘crush’ will turn into ‘passion’ and ‘infatuation’ now that she is confronted with the fact that ‘her’ knight could become someone else’s and that he might not be with her ‘forever and ever’. I think she is as much dependent on him as he is on her if not more.

Emiel was okay with her marrying someday and having children of her own (he joked about becoming those children’s bodyguard one day) - so I believe that Emiel wasn’t thinking about her in a romantic way and I believe that it is actually upon Estelle to make him fall for her in that way - because I believe that a man as flaws as Emiel wouldn’t even think that he was worthy enough of her love.

That’s why they made her fall in love first - otherwise they will never fall in love. Just my thinking and reading between the lines though 😋 don’t get angry if you cannot agree with me :) I have not read any further than this chapter. So if I’m proven wrong in the upcoming chapters, than so be it.

I think it's better if Emiel become big brother figure for Estelle, but if we go down the romantic route, well I don't know if I should continue read this series or not

Users who are viewing this thread