I Belong to House Castiello

Fed-Kun's army
Just from the title all I can think about is that one video.

Dying by LA Turtle

Dex-chan lover
if she can use it.. i hope she can have contract with high level dark spirit or demon lord level.. that would be funny..

if she became spirit.. that would be OP.. the only thing limiting her now is her mortal body.. if she got spirit body with castello's specialty.. she'll become the strongest.. kek

Dex-chan lover
can I die from overdose of cute ?
Cause I feel I die from this cuteness

If this becomes a power fantasy I will drop it ASAP, unless it somehow stays good.

Also why the fuck is this thing so good? Like wtf

Double-page supporter
How is she so dumb?! Can't she figure out that it's like `those mages would kidnap her` kind of danger??
And I thought she is a reincarnated.... XD

...Or are her past memories only partially there???

I don't really understand the significance of the "reincarnated" part. It doesn't feel essential to the story, Estelle could've just been a normal little girl with "a strange sense of maturity".

Contributor
@Amphyria:

Honestly this is one case where I'd say that just hand-waving her as being "strangely mature" or some such would be the worse sin. She's waaay too aware of what's going on for someone who was more or less kept in a box for all of her preceding life. She also has a set of cultural values and morals that match a modern Korean woman (instead of a medieval peasant or noblewoman), unlike the people around her. At the same time she lacks common-sense for her fantasy world.

It also actually fits in perfectly with the psychological drama and some of the central themes of the story—"I'm out of place," or, "is this really my real family?".

I can understand general fatigue about things being isekai when they don't need to be, believe me. But I think here it's actually doing good service—not as a plot point but as one of the key character points for the protagonist, if that makes sense.

Double-page supporter
The worldbuilding in this one is so fascinating...The Leaning Tower of Pisa-kind of fascinating.

It's like, there is this powerful bloodline of half-devil-somethings that instinctively look down on regular humans, and so should have engendered great hostility from said humans, but somehow they are also a dynasty of very highly ranked nobles, first in honor among vassals of the ~human~ empire. Yet they DO look down on humans, even seemingly with the imperial family itself. And despite this blatant impudence, they themselves appear to be loyal to the empire after all, albeit with their immense influence being balanced, barely, by literally everybody else. They are also utterly untouchable except possibly by some other strange and mysterious untouchables like, well, wizards. Lèse majesté? Lèse shove it up your arse, mortals.

And then there's some strange personal circumstances and publicly known obsessions of an empress keen to treat her own daughter, the imperial princess, as lesser than this dynasty's scion, technically a duke's daughter, but very much The Princess.

For a series about a cute little girl being pampered every living moment by supportive and caring people, and with the art being so bright and vanilla, the background setting is actually all sorts of avant-garde. I'm just fascinated if this is a genius master plan or if the author is trying to put scaffolds around a sinking tower in the Floridan swamps.

It's wild, man.

Dex-chan lover
Despite being tagged "Reincarnation", don't let it fool you. The author dropped that plot point faster than an abusive mother trapping her daughter in a box to drown.

Which is a plus, honestly. I can tell why authors actually include it; it's a guaranteed sale. It appeals to those who like isekai, by fooling them into reading something that has little to do with it. Thus, the author makes that sweet ching and if you like the story, you get to enjoy something that's not trash for once.

I've only read two stories that have the similar strategy. The other one is more shōnen RPG fantasy than this one, where an OP wizard tutors a noble girl to use magic. Much like this one, the author dropped the isekai part quickly.

So yeah, this is a good read. It's fluffy and cute, but you can tell there's something dark hidden underneath the story.

@Scrabbleman Reincarnation is also related to the maturity of the character and how she sees the world with a modern look. The author can always use modern solutions to a problem that appears.

Cute story, not much plot going on.
The translation is bad, and sometimes you have to guess what's written. If you don't care about the dialogues too much, just gloss over when it gets too "confusing".

Users who are viewing this thread