I can't click setting, menu bar, etc

It's started from yesterday. For some reason, when I click setting the setting menu doesn't appear. It's happen to menu bar too. Also I can't click latest update "follows", top chapters "24h" and "7day".

Because of this, I stuck on Homepage.. and i can't read my reading list.
I use Opera Mini Browser on Android Phone

(Sorry for my bad English )

I don't use saving mode
Because if I do that, mangadex will full bug

Edit : when I use Chrome.. mangadex run normally

I'm currently suddenly having the same issue, but with Aloha browser for android, which has not been updated in over a month. Aloha browser for iOS works fine. Since the issue is present only in setups identical to ones in which the recent icon bug appeared, I assume the cause for this bug is related to the cause of that one.

Btw, when you press the "menu" or "settings" button, said button is highlighted (a orange border appears around it), not clicked. So my guess is that the bug is replacing click with select/highlight.

I'm currently also having the same issue in duckduckgo browser. Unable to open the menu, settings, nor the follows bar.

I'm using Safari on iPad and iPhone 5, with no updates on either one, and I've been having the same problems for the last 2 days. I can't click on the "Follows" button on the Latest Update section, nor can I switch to 24h and 7d on the Top Chapters section. The dropdown menu to access the Login page, manga lists, community, etc. don't show up at all. I can only log in by searching for the link through Google.

I also experienced the recent icon bug, so TimothySue's suggestion might be right.

i have the same problem with latest opera mini. i don't know if they've fixed this or what, i installed old ver of opera mini(released in 2017) and i can click follows, setting etc

As mentioned in the other thread, in terms of old Firefox this was broken yesterday, was fully working at around 6AM PDT this morning, but checking now this afternoon it's broken again.

Seems to also be a similar experience as the person in this thread.

Comparing the Firefox web console in bugged state to working state, it seems when bugged it throws "SyntaxError: illegal character" once each for popper.min.js:1:1, bootstrap.min.js:1:0, and bootstrap-select.min.js:1:0 which doesn't occur when everything is working. The only thing there is the
Code:
/*
comment at the top. It may also noteworthy that on first load of viewsource those scripts from web console they come up corrupted with a strange encoding which reload fixes, but that could just be a Firefox quirk.

Edit: Working again for me as of 11:33AM PDT
Edit: Broken again for me as of 11:37AM PDT

It got worse, now the bootstrap css isn’t working either.
7632ZQF.jpg

Try adding "www." in front of the link
Before "https://mangadex.org"
After ""https://www.mangadex.org"
And then that bug Will gone..
But.. in some place looks weird

Edit : i hope it will be fixed so i can visit mangadex without using this method

https://mangadex.org both are broken.
SyntaxError: illegal character popper.min.js:1:1
SyntaxError: illegal character bootstrap.min.js:1:0
SyntaxError: illegal character bootstrap-select.min.js:1:0

https://www.mangadex.org seems to fix the dropdowns (bootstrap.min.js & bootstrap-select.min.js) but not the popouts (popper.min.js), yet it also introduces a css error which didn't exist before.
SyntaxError: illegal character popper.min.js:1:1
TypeError: Bootstrap dropdown require Popper.js (https://popper.js.org) bootstrap.min.js:6:18101
Expected ',' or '{' but found '='. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector. bootstrap-select.min.css:1:11
Code:
Found unclosed string '"�U �\3 ���O6���ح$I���þP.�'.  Found unclosed string ''\12 �?\10 d3�9I\12 '.  Found unclosed string ''�نx\2 OL�gr�:�35��\8 \2 �������\6 P�L�|�\6 F�'.  Found unclosed string ''�%bB\8 DѮ�\10 �*�Ш8\"&��*�Y9�;\7f ������\10 3I\18 Q�\13 \1f ���T�Jq��yp\7f ;�o*\13 �*ղ�Y�J�_p\1f �/�n�b\1e ]p��]456U�\f R>l\3 ��P��G��P7���[��\f ���\4 99�9z��~�\3 �g\13 mL�\9 ��!!��z��r�k![�\2 rM�\1 �\16 �\19 u�!D�\6 �>V�u\5 E��k+\18 �m��>!���\7 ؙ�f\"���\9 Ȍ��C�D<��\1f ?c��K����\9 =��\1e �\7f ��ҟ�>*�\2 �ܼ�\13 �k?!f��EpF��'.  Found unclosed string ''Y9\16 i�Y\7 ,�W�<�'.  Found unclosed string '"��\17 �\3 eH��NTz�G\7f ͏��������̩y�A\17 ��\15 ���i����z\10 �ۂE\1 Ʈ���&'.  Found unclosed string ''mk\9 ����\1 �&�bv��\12 ;��\5 R{\b #�j|�6_v\19 \1d �������󊩤����ryg�{�\1e ��H^��cSL�!�FGɍ����B.o��\4 c6\9 8�\14 \"����\12 �\7f -�]�\5 J�;�$��G��ڏ��ri�d�}n�Ƹ�Y�-,�\2 =�\8 �j��7_\16 |'.  Found unclosed string '"�r��a����-��\13 �+��\b BѶ\1b ��MR�K�\18 v\f �=srALy\'r˨>)m����Ճ;�\1f !�0�����\1f W/R6IL\14 \17 ���u��r��`�\13 �{�Xx�\19 �O�\8 du����'.  Unexpected end of file while searching for closing } of invalid rule set.
bootstrap-select.min.css:2:56

Yesterday (around 6AM PDT, 11:30AM PDT) when it was working for short periods of time on https://mangadex.org, none of the js or css files were throwing errors.

The bootstrap css started working again, but I am still have the button bug.

Adding "www." to the url did fix the "menu" and "settings" buttons, as well as the "following" tab, but the dropdowns in the menu don't work (except for the one that appears when you click on your profile name), and the settings look like this:
lzQes5Z.jpg

Yes, as stated by Teasday the other thread old outdated browsers or otherwise those without modern full-featured js engines are the primary source of this issue.

The version of Firefox I always use for compatibility testing websites is 45.9.0 ESR which is 4 years old at this point, and I don't really expect it to remain supported if it gets in the way of implementing new site features. The current functional breakage feels unintentional though, since it didn't happen when migrating servers or during a major site feature update, but rather after a cosmetic bug fix for old browsers which ended up making things worse rather than better for the browsers targeted by the fix. A few times now, they've completely fixed all issues, but then it breaks a few minutes to hours later for unknown reasons. Almost makes me think this is some sort of weird behavior with their server cache serving days old data, rather then actual live production updates being coincidentally reverted at those times.

I'm only sharing details since this version of Firefox seems to have the same root cause which is breaking old mobile devices, embedded, and minimalist browsers which are being reported in this and a few other threads. Since they all seems to be experiencing the exact same issues, the fix for all will likely be the same. A year or so ago the develops explicitly fixed the site and reader for broad compatibility with a wide range of devices, which has now been unintentionally broken a couple days ago. The question is if the plan is to entirely drop essentially legacy support at this point to ease future js/css library updates, or attempt to continue to fix it. At the moment it sounded like they've been attempting some sort of fix, and seeking details of the problems so I've been sharing them.

Users who are viewing this thread