I Don't Know What My Little Sister's Friend Is Thinking! (Pre-serialization) - Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
@Walter_vi_Britannia Tsuyu is visable terrified of horror movies, and begs lil' sis to not watch it. Sis still plays it. That's like pushing someone with a water phobia into the swimming pool. She's a shit friend, and if your friends treat you like that I feel sorry for you.

@cor3zone dragging your friends along like that is a common behavior at that age. Nothing malicious about it and can help people experience/overcome new things

Dex-chan lover
@sirot While that is true, it might also traumatize them for life. There are better ways to get people to grow than (figuratively) throwing them in the deep end.

Dex-chan lover
@beperov It might! Everyone processes things differently. I'm terrified of heights. If someone held me over a cliff, even if it was perfectly safe with railings, safety lines etc., I would probably never trust another person ever again. Not saying the situation in this chapter is that bad, but intentionally putting a friend in extreme discomfort is shitty behaviour, and not something a real friend would do.

Dex-chan lover
*Pulls out Blu-ray horror dvd collection*

“Ah no, that’s not it! I-it’s not like I want to see her cute scared face!”
—Tsundere Sadist

Dex-chan lover
@DrawGray
The best part is that it happens after they beat Pennywise the first time around. So there was no need. The half in the bag review of It chapter 1 mentions it and ponders why the hell he did it. And I don’t know if King is a Pedo or not, but by his own admission he was a raging alcoholic and coke fiend during the 80s. Just watch Maximum Overdrive, the only movie he ever directed, to get a taste of unbridled King lunacy. It’s seriously one of the funniest ‘horror’ films I’ve seen; right up there with Jack Frost and Killer Klowns from Outer Space. Also, the entire film is scored by his favorite band AC/DC. It also almost got an X rating due to a scene where a kid got run over by a steamroller. Apparently the blood packet on the dummy blew open with such intensity it looked like the kid was being squeezed like a tube of toothpaste. He thought it was hilarious (edited version):
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=egJyocw2hrw

@Dantrig @Kirime
@DrawGray "In the book, the kids had an orgy (or ran a train on the girl) because King is a pedo."

My apologies to you first two for my improper grasp of the context.
My apologies to myself for having now obtained a proper grasp of the context. 😨

I mean, I'm not sure it's necessarily worse than the "army of rape-happy Pennywise", but it's definitely more immediate in its association with pushing up the cringe factor.

@Sep10trion Well, I'll say this: This is definitely reshaping my impression of King. Though his comments on it do seem to give it a bit more legitimacy than indicated by the details within your post; On the other hand, while I can be swayed to the metaphor King indicates it was intended to represent, I'm not entirely sure that's a rational conclusion of that particular narrative, either from the perspective of the characters or a typical author. Then again, I can't say I've ever had much interest in It as a franchise either (and, obviously, I've not read the book), so perhaps.. I'm missing something? Nothing I'm reading about that the book's narrative is indicating that I am, though. :S

BCS

Dex-chan lover
"King is a pedophile because he wrote a scene in which kids fuck" makes as much sense as "King is a serial killer because he wrote a book about a clown serial killer".

As usual I'm baffled at how oversensitive weeb community is, given that both manga and anime routinely sexualize the fuck out of minors.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone If your friends don't treat you like that than you probably don't have any friends that have known you for life.
These types of friends are the bane of your life, they make fun of you every chance they get but if they see someone else making fun of you behind your back they beat them up, they smack you in the head when you make a stupid joke and does exactly what you don't want to do to mess with you.

Pushing you into a swimming pool if you're afraid of water? The fuck are you talking about? That's basically like trying to drown you. How is it that same as making someone scared of horror films watch scary movies? A better comparison would be like putting a bug on the lap of someone who is afraid of bugs or something like that. Be realistic.

If you've never pranked or been pranked by a friend, then you must have a boring life or you must not have any friends.

Dex-chan lover
blz3JYU.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@Walter_vi_Britannia There's pranking your friends, and then there's letting them get terrified for NO good reason. A prank is something you can both laugh about after, it's not one person making the other person miserable for fun. And about the swimming pool, I meant the shallow kind you can stand in. Poor choice of metaphor, you're right.

These types of friends are the bane of your life

Might want to check up on your terminology.

Bane, Merriam-Webster: source of harm or ruin. It fits my point, but if you're saying they are good you might want to rephrase.

@havelmom Nope

https://mangadex.org/title/25495/maou-no-ore-ga-dorei-elf-wo-yome-ni-shitanda-ga-dou-medereba-ii

https://mangadex.org/chapter/483976/33

Dex-chan lover
It’s odd, but the Joker, Pennywise, and the Killer Klowns From Outer Space can be pretty funny in parts, but I’ve never thought real-life clowns were all that funny. Never scared of them, but didn’t understand the appeal. This guy is an exception. What a great guy, taking requests...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zBvpj0cCHLA

@Tearsax
You see, I always hesitate when I see this with fantasy races, especially elves. She’s probably 240 human years but pre-pubescent for her kind. Or vampires that can switch between child and adult. Ban and Elaine from the Seven Deadly Sins, without proper context, especially looks wrong. Actually it still looks kind of wrong.

@BCS
I agree with your notion, but your argument seem to be logical only until you realize that it’s a false analogy. By definition you cannot be a passive serial killer as it’s not just a psychological trait and you can’t kill people just by thinking about it or by being obsessed by it.

Users who are viewing this thread