I Don't Know What My Little Sister's Friend Is Thinking! (Pre-serialization) - Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
@BCS Finally someone rational. Why do so many people have trouble separating fiction from reality? Sanctimonious attitudes like these are killing creativity in the entertainment industry. I miss the days when you could make weird, dumb stuff and people wouldn’t take it seriously or be personally offended. The days when you could disagree with someone online without it devolving into a puerile name-calling battle. Sometimes it feels like we’re regressing into a post-modern online dark age.

@BCS You can't kill a person by thinking about killing them, but you can fantasize about having sex with kids and that makes you a disgusting pedophile

Power Uploader
I like how the comments are majority of IT spoilers 🤣

@DrawGray
Mate, you argument is so crude that it looks same like this:
"You can't have sex with kids by thinking about having sex with them, but you can fantasize about killing them and that makes you [have a mind of a] disgusting killer."

I mean, fantasy is fantasy. It doesn't change you for whom you are... unless you see fantasy same as reality. In that case, you better go check you psychotherapist.
Just be civil and argue with the person reasonably. No reason to be offended by some fantasy and attack that person's character.

We don't want a thread lock-down just like what happened to the other manga. so chill.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone ...it was said in a sarcastic way. I thought that was obvious?
Anyway, making you watch a horror movie that you're afraid of falls in line with one of the mischief your close friends would do for laughs. If just this much makes you reconsider your relationship with them, then you're basically insulting them. If you don't have a friend who you can be intimate with, someone who you need to be considerate around so you don't offend, that's...well, I guess that's friends too. But I wouldn't want that, there's no fun in that. I guess it's more in the line of best friends, that type of intimacy where you seem to be at each other's throats all the time on the surface.

Dex-chan lover
@Walter_vi_Britannia I guess we just have different ideas of what 'friend' means. The people I consider friends would never intentionally hurt me, emotionally or otherwise, just for a laugh. It's not like I don't see where you're coming from. I've had friends like that, hell I've been a friend like that. My point is, a friendship like that doesn't last. At some point, someone will take it too far, and then it's too late.

Also, sarcasm is not very clever when trying to make a serious point, especially in text form. I didn't have you're tone of voice, all I had was the statement:
These types of friends are the bane of your life, they make fun of you every chance they get but if they see someone else making fun of you behind your back they beat them up, they smack you in the head when you make a stupid joke and does exactly what you don't want to do to mess with you.
None of that suggests sarcasm on it's own. It looks like you suggested they suck, but would still protect you. Doesn't mean they are good friends. My mom would protect me, but she's one of the most toxic people I know.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone Well, for me, these types of friends have stuck the longest. Even if you want sometimes for people to be considerate of you, I still always go back to them who I can just be myself around and not worry about anything. If they don't want to do something I don't want us to debate on it, I just wanna force them into it without caring about hurting their feelings cause I know I can never hurt their feelings. I don't know, I know most guys treat each other like this at least. I don't know how girls treat each other, but maybe they are more held back and don't get physical so easily. You can literally be arguing with someone one moment and be best friends the next, and that's with complete strangers. So it's much more intense when it comes to such close friends.

And yea, I'm not really good at sarcasm in real life either I'm starting to realize. Everybody just looks at me weird whenever I make a pun or something.

Anyway, violence is a form of love around here, not really proud of it but I enjoy it when I'm not on the receiving end. lol
Nobody has ever taken it too far, maybe its some sort of intuition or something, but we've been like this our whole lives and never once has something happened that completely broke our friendships, in fact, I don't think I'm on a bad foot with anybody in the whole world. You can see it as we're skating on thin ice here, but you can also see it as we've been friends for so long that nothing can really make us fall apart that easily.

Offending each other is a daily occurrence, one example would be me insulting their taste in modern music like rap and sorts which I don't even consider music, and them insulting my classical music! I look up to these classical musicians, I wanna BE them. They dare talk shit about Tchaikovsky? Bach!? Anyway, it seems they connect with their favorite singers on a spiritual level so they get really offended when I sneer at what they consider their "raison d'être". I mean, at most I can appreciate a few lines or verses from some of the better pieces, but the whole thing is usually a repeat on itself with just added affects. One day they took it too far by saying Hilary Hahn's interpretations are boring! We got in a full fledged fight over this(since I have a not-so-secret crush on Hilary Hahn). The next day we were talking about how shitty the new Halo trailer from E3 was like nothing happened, as if we were bored of that topic already.

Dex-chan lover
@Walter_vi_Britannia That's part of what people call "toxic masculinity". Being rough or violent with each other just because you can, not because you should be. I'm a guy, so I know what it's like. Just wish it wasn't like that.

But anyways, if you're happy like that, I wish you all the best. I'm not, and will call out shitty friends when I see them.

Edit: my spelling sucks

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone Toxic masculinity?
Don't know what that means but sounds like an accurate description of my friends. lol

I'm not like that, I try to be prim and proper, I try to have class but you can never have class around those barbarians...and I somehow end up getting swept up in their energy. They're all sports maniacs so I guess that's expected of them?...now that I think about it, how the fuck did I ever become friends with them?
I don't know, maybe because I fight back instead of acting offended and looking for a teacher to complain to unlike my other orchestra mates?...oh god, no matter how much I try to cover it up, I'm just one of those brutes aren't I?
Or maybe they hate how those people behave like they are better than them?...maybe I get along because I always end up stooping to their level whenever they pick a fight with me (and my orchestra mates can't so shit about me being like that cause I play better than them).

So yea, I guess everybody is not like that, I should've known that better than anybody else cause I'm usually around both types. haha
Sorry, it was a meaningless banter but you should also realize that there are people like this out there too who are just assholes to each other not because they hate them, but because they love them enough to not care about offending them.

In this manga, the little girl doesn't seem to be the type who would be angry or offended with her forcing her to watch a horror movie, and the little sister seems to be the mischievous type too. They are rather opposites but they still seem to mix really well, I don't think any of them needs to reconsider their friendship over a horror movie...that would be the most unrealistic plot ever.
My friends forced me to watch 2 girls 1 cup a long time ago too, it was horrible, I couldn't get it out of my head for days! It's truly a shitty experience. (Get it? "Shitty" experience....cause, you know...?)
Anyway, my mind never even came up with the thought of breaking off the friendship...at most it was just how to get back at them. I mean, what makes you think of breaking off a friendship? How many times does that happen in a person's life? I don't know, I guess that the idea of it just sounded so weird to me that I replied to you. Its not a thought you usually go to.

Dex-chan lover
@Walter_vi_Britannia I never meant they had to break off the friendship.😄
Just that she was not being a good friend in my mind.

There are always going to be assholes, and I'll always tell them to fuck off. Thing is, on average we're all assholes to someone. Since we're all assholes in some way, all you can do is surround yourself with the assholes you enjoy being an asshole with.🤣

@Walter_vi_Britannia People like that guy never had real friends; he was too busy protecting his image of himself (because he must have a really low self-esteem) to really bond with anyone.
That's the case for most kids now, they grew up in broken homes, emotionally immature and they have to learn how to deal with people when they don't even know who they are.
That's how terms like "toxic masculinity" are born, people trying to label others to justify their own awkwardness around others.
@Shiikun do i really need to explain to you the difference between pedophile and pederast? cmon dude, it's like you never read a book beyond your english classes.

@DrawGray "You can't kill a person by thinking about killing them, but you can fantasize about having sex with kids and that makes you a disgusting pedophile"

Fair point... Then again, I was only arguing that fantasy remains a fantasy, and what happened in a story remains in a story unless you do it reality ofc.
Now thinking about it... having kinks about kids makes you a pedophile by definition. My bad XD

I felt that time that you're kinda attacking that person's character, leading to a flame war not about the characters of the story but on each other. So yeah, that kind of flaming will lead to another thread lockdown just like what happened to other manga I read. So I advised to chill...

Carry on :3

Am I the only one who thinks little sis was trying to give her friend an excuse to get clingy with her big bro?

Double-page supporter
At this point, he's more like the substitute father seeing as how we haven't seen if they even live with their parents yet..

Double-page supporter
OH GOD. The same movie the mad my nephews scared at night hahahha I would always tease them by saying that line.

Users who are viewing this thread