I Don’t Want the Obsession of a Twisted Archduke (Promo)

According to mangaupdates, this is finished, so why is it shown here as ongoing on mangadex? Will there be more?

If you're gonna translate a promo, please link to a novel! 😭😭😭 This sounds so interesting but I can't read Korean!

Instead of translating the novel for Obsessive Archduke they've had for a month, wordexcerpt.com translated an already translated one shot/promo. Beyond pointless

@Ceereus you’re entitled to your opinion, but at the same time this kind of thing is funky! they might want to have everything on their website (if they have one) and in that case they can’t just nab someone else’s translation. sometimes if they want the flow to be different or to match the way they’re translating the novel (if they want to translate it) then they’re gonna do that first, so it all flows well together. i don’t know. i don’t think it’s ever a waste though, and it’s definitely free practice. i do appreciate the effort that they put into it and i’d say it doesn’t feel right to say that about it..

@hightide

I know what word excerpt's motivation was but it was pointless. All they did was step on some other group's hard work instead of focusing on their novel that no one else translating. Worse, it's hard work to translate and redraw (giving them the benefit of the doubt they weren't shady shady), which takes away labour and time for translating the novel.
It's very rude and I honestly think less of WE now. I thought they were more professional than this.

ah smexy ,, it’s always the promotional ones that breaks my heart </3 someone @ me once someone translates the novel

Group Leader
@Ceereus You sure have a lot to say, fam. How's this stepping on their work? They did theirs and we did ours. We're staying in our own lane. This is a promo, not some ongoing manhwa series. Besides, we wanted our own works and translation placed on the site. We have different departments for our works, literary translators and webtoon translators. How are you sure its the same translator translating the webnovel?

@wordexcerpt
By your actions you're not staying in your own lane. That's the whole point.
Most people translate for views and clicks. So you're taking away views from the group that translated it earlier than you. It's shady and it looks bad especially because you're a bigger operation. There are a ton of works that haven't been translated, novels and manhwa, but this is how you want to use your labor hours. You did it way after posting chapters of the novel. It's just odd ... and shady af.

Why bother replying to me, it's not like what I say will have an impact on how you do business. Not to mention, the facts speak for themselves. But I do hope the scanlation community doesn't let you off the hook.

Group Leader
People can choose to read which version they want, that's the beauty of free market. And it's unofficial work.
Now, you're, of course, free to shove how shady you think we are down our throat. Sorry you feel that way.
We're not gonna put someone's work on our website, period.
Now in regards to the upload, the promo had already been worked on the same week the WN had been published.
Records are on Discord. Hardly shady. Case in point, we're just too slow on publishing it.
https://i.imgur.com/TTVmPS7.jpg

And why are we replying? Too many people are making assumptions. It's always best to clear out misunderstandings.

@ceereus you do realise bucci gang is in no way small. Both the translators are free to translate the same works. Free illegal market rights. Not sure you understand what staying in your lane means. Scolding someone for someone else without them asking you to do so. You couldn't get further from your lane if you tried.

@Cerenium

Staying in your lane means having professional courtesy. There are coveted projects. Where would the scanlation scene be if it was acceptable to take whatever project you desired regardless of who's already working on it? There are a lot of abandoned translation projects that are the result of that kind of conflict. As a fan, I just want to read things as quick as possible. But I know full well how hard it is to put out chapters/episodes and I can imagine how disheartening it is for all your work to suddenly feel superfluous. A little empathy goes a long way ^^

ngl promo manhwas make me want to cry.
the art is brilliant, the story is perfect and, I just...can't. It's so pretty, i want more (.﹒︣︿﹒︣.)
ヽ(●゚´Д`゚●)ノ゚( ≧Д≦) ᕕ( ཀ ʖ̯ ཀ)ᕗ

So...did she get home? Or maybe she ended up dragging the archduke home with her...

Users who are viewing this thread