I Guess My Roommate Is Pretty? - Ch. 3 - My best buddy can't be this cute

Dex-chan lover
I hope the story isn't just "I had an accident, almost died, and feel like a girl now."

Something along the lines of them having been trans for a while but too afraid to come out or having a near death experience giving them the final push to say, "I don't want to be who I'm told to be. I want to be who I really am."

Hopfully the topic is treated with some dignity.

Dex-chan lover
You know, even though this isn't my thing, I feel bad for the author, because we're all on some shit when he almost certainly just wants to make a funny manga about a guy being comically sexually confused by his crossdressing* comp sci major friend.

*Actually I don't know if it's crossdressing. The tags also say "genderswap", but the person was apparently kidding with that story where it was implied they were mutilated in an accident. Still, "gender" hasn't even been approached yet. What I know for sure (at this moment, given the rest of the tags) is that it's supposed to be simple and funny.

Dex-chan lover
Then you can always filter mangas with -genderswap. The genderswap tag always means some kind of transition, being it realistic or involving some fictional disease or magic. It's also not the same as genderbender (which this manga isn't tagged with).

I don't think it makes much sense for mangas tagged with genderswap to be considered otokonoko, unless it has other non-genderswap crossdressing/genderbent characters as well.
There is no "GenderBender" tag btw.
The main issue with the whole thing is that we aren't the original publisher/in contact with the author most of the time. This means that tags are set by the translation groups, and they can have their own biases.

Thought funny thing is that the author of this manga is also the one who uploaded the stuff here on mangadex, and considering they call this a "shitpost series" on twitter, I think the tags are meant to be confusing in the first place (aka, they want it to be a Schrodinger's gender moment) so you just can't know if the MC is a crossdresser or actually turned into a girl

Users who are viewing this thread